GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MKV gauges

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
OP has bad taste and doesn't know how to post in the correct sub forum. A-pillar gauges will look great smashed into your face if the airbags ever go off.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Sorry Elliot, but I think the 3 pod gauges look cheap \

I looks cheap because of the material they use. If it was a good material I'd say it looks good..

Like I said, the fitment sucks but the materiel looks just like the plastic surround it gets attached to:iono:(cd / climate control trim) I am looking into getting my dash trimmed in leather or the perhaps the same alcantara as I have done already and will include the gauge pod in the re-wrap. But that is plans for the future.

:barf:
:wub: jk
:biggrin:

taaj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mkv
nice alcantara work in the car...especially on the steering wheel with the red trim!

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
newsouth dashpod ftw.. but no to the newsouth gauges

Reasoning? What do use? I have heard they are slightly out but until you go with a digital one they are all slightly out.. + for me, they look the most oem option available.

Last edited:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I will only use Podi gauges, after lots of different manufacturer's ive found them to be the best, no mechanical gauges for me, too inacurate and they fall out of calibration to easily.

As for the center dash 3 pod. Evolution motorsports use to make one in pure carbon river that had great fitment and excellent build quality. Carbon fiber isn't for everyone and I'm not sure they even make it anymore, but its worth a search.

Kishon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkvGti
I have an 8 inch aftermarket radio that has an Android OS running on it and its WIFI enabled. So i bought a WIFI enabled ODB dongle for comms between the car and radio. Then installed the "Torque" application. Below pic is from Google, and they also have a VW theme that matches the color of our gauges.

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    130.5 KB · Views: 281

Viru5

Ready to race!
I have an 8 inch aftermarket radio that has an Android OS running on it and its WIFI enabled. So i bought a WIFI enabled ODB dongle for comms between the car and radio. Then installed the "Torque" application. Below pic is from Google, and they also have a VW theme that matches the color of our gauges.

Niceeee!! i like that:thumbsup: