Convert Ipod Adapter to Aux Input - Here's how

guacamole.

hella flossy.
sweet i need to do this to mine.

sbghms

Crubs fents brushes
Car(s)
09 CW rabbit
You guys seem to know a lot about the ipod shizznit so i'll ask here. I have a sansa clip (mp3 player) and i have the ipod hook up. Well the clip is not an ipod so how can I hook it up? It has a usb port and a headphone jack.

crypto

Crypto-Designs.com
Car(s)
2008 MkV GTI
You guys seem to know a lot about the ipod shizznit so i'll ask here. I have a sansa clip (mp3 player) and i have the ipod hook up. Well the clip is not an ipod so how can I hook it up? It has a usb port and a headphone jack.

use the exact thing i'm talking about in this thread. Go buy it from circuit city along with an AUX cable, and just plug that into your headphone outlet of the Sansa

Spoolin024

Hey crypto, by any chance do you have the product number of the item for cc?. I went to 3 stores and couldn't find it. Im going to call around tommorw. Thanks

samhooah

Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Just installed the AUX

I FOUND THE PART AND IT IS AWESOME!!! :happyanim:

I usually just browse the forums, but had to post and share my excitement with my fellow fast drivers.

My best friend showed me this thread and I went searching for the part. Couldn't find it anywhere, and all the CC/audio store reps had no clue what I was talking about. Finally found it on enfig's site, but they were out of stock. USA Spec has gone out of business, so the part is pretty hard to find. Eventually saw a listing on ebay and snagged it for about $60. Didn't get the CC clearance price but it was definitely worth it!

The part is SUPER EASY to install and plays music from my zune perfectly! The extra input lets me plug up my phone and talk like it's bluetooth too!!! Saved a TON of money versus installing VOLK-L bluetooth. This is definitely my mod of the year. Thanks for the info!

Here's what I found for aux options:

USA SPEC DF-VW described in earlier posts. Benefit is having two inputs to take advantage of factory radio's AUX1 and AUX2. Good luck trying to find it since they don't make it anymore.

PIE VW AUX
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/pievwaux.html.
Only one input, but should do the job.

BlitzSafe VW/AUX DMX V.3A http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/VW_AUX_DMX_V3A.html
Also one input.

I haven't tried the other products, but the adapter looks the same. Let me know if you have any questions. I love my fast, but VW should have just made aux standard for all models. What's so hard about putting a little audio jack in the car???...

MKVRabbit2k8

Anybody want to take pics of exactly what I need to take out? I got this in yesterday and am very anxious to try it out.

edit: Nevermind. I'm an idiot. It literally took 2 seconds. Easiest install ever. Going out to buy that AUX cord right now.
But Samhooah, tell me more about this using your phone like bluetooth feature. That seems like something I would love to have.

Last edited:

samhooah

Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
All I do is plug the aux wire into the phone's headphone jack. Same as you would do with an mp3 player. The phone outputs to the car speakers, but the mic still pics up so I can talk handsfree. I have a Samsung Instinct and I'm not sure if it will work with all phones. If it doesn't work for your phone you might have to experiment with putting the phone on speakerphone while it's connected.

I have to turn the radio up really loud, but I can hear people really well even while driving at highway speeds. I sound pretty good on the other end and haven't had any issues with feedback. Works just like bluetooth!

I added some pics of the mod and my new setup. I got a splitter/usb to power all my gear (phone, zune, navi, bluetooth headset) and a cool little cup-holder stand ffrom wal-mart or my phone/zune. I didn't get too sexy with the wire routing, but it's a lot cleaner than the mess I had before.

Attachments

• DSC04795.JPG
    DSC04795.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 2,828
  • DSC04802.JPG
    DSC04802.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 2,936
  • DSC04804.JPG
    DSC04804.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 2,750
  • DSC04808.JPG
    DSC04808.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 2,935
  • DSC04810.JPG
    DSC04810.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 2,910

MKVRabbit2k8

My phone doesn't have a standard 3mm headphone jack sadly. It's a Samsung Ace and it's weird. But I got my AUX cord and everything is working wonders. The AUX cord is much cheaper at a Radio Shack then it is at a big retail store like Circuit City or Best Buy. I paid like $7 for the cable with taxes.