GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boxster calipers & Passat Knuckles/Spindles fitment?

sauron18

Hi, need help with this. Got the Creation Motorsport brackets. Tried to install the Boxster calipers to the Passat Spindles/Knuckles and did not fit. I saw a post were someone did it with the Apikol brackets and some other people too.
My friend told me that i would have to put back the steel spindles/knuckles to install the Boxster calipers.

We did a little bit of grinding because the bolt would hit the spindle/knuckle but the disc were not align properly, there was no way for the disc to be in the middle of the caliper. Can someone help me out? I will appreciate it.

Thanks,

Last edited:

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Are you using standard gti rotors for that? Think the calipers were meant for larger rotors, not sure of the millimeters in diameter. Golf R /Passat 3.6 rotors might fit. Find out size of the Porsche discs.

sauron18

Are you using standard gti rotors for that? Think the calipers were meant for larger rotors, not sure of the millimeters in diameter. Golf R /Passat 3.6 rotors might fit. Find out size of the Porsche discs.

Yeah i'm using the standard GTI rotors and the brackets are for the 312mm rotors. The problem is that the disc with the Passat spindles do not fit in the middle of the disc.

http://creationsmotorsport.com/index.php/car-parts-168/brake-adapters/brake-upgrade-porsche-calipers-brembo-vag-vw-audi-8.html

High Quality brake adapters to allow fitment of Porsche 986/987 BOXTER/CAYMAN front caliphers utilising the standard VAG 5 x 112 hub. We can also supply the 312mm x 25mm discs for this conversion. Distance between caliper mounting holes is 130mm, and the distance between the hub mounting holes is 145mm The number parts for these caliphers are 986.351.421 and 986.351.422, these will allow for a 312mm disc max

sauron18

Passat spindles won’t work. The flange for the caliper mount has the incorrect offset

So that is why the caliper do not align in the middle of the rotor? So with the Apikol bracket would still be the same? A friend told me i could made some custom brackets for the Passat spindles but i'm not so sure about that... I think i will put back the steel spindles, do the NQSBKK and forget about it.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Different brackets would still have the same issue, they are meant for the thinner steel spindle mounting tabs. You could use TTRS spindles (aluminum, thinner mounting tab) but you would also need TT axles due to different track width.

I would put the steel spindles back on and you can use the brackets and rotors you bought

sauron18

Have 1 week with the steel spindles and the NQSBBK. I'm loving the NQSBKK, very easy to modulate, the braking improved and i don't even need to press the brake pedal to stop the car and the car feel more nimble and agile. Changed the brake liquid and got the Akebono pads front and rear for daily. Later will buy more aggressive pads.

For anyone thinking about doing this do it. I totally recommend it, it's the best front brake setup for the streets. This is based on my opinion mainly for the streets. The car has the aluminum LCA & the NQSBBK. I would have been awesome to use it with the Passat aluminum spindles but had to remove them. A friend has a GTI with the R brakes and two friends have Leon Cupra that comes with the R brakes in the front and the NQSBBK is on par with those brakes.