GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No Boost

Bosnian

Hey guys, I bought a 08 Gti a week ago and the guy told me the turbo was bad and that it wasn’t making boot. I was a little skeptical because the you can still hear the turbo spooling but it wasn’t making any boost when I drove it. So I started working on it and I took the turbo off and the turbo itself is almost brand new. No play no damage, nothing. So I put it together and put it back on. I’m now trying to figure out what the issue is. I checked all the intercooler piping and hoses it’s all good. I should also mention that the BOV was Jb welded. Never seen that before. And the diverted valve was closed off too(yes he had both) I saw that before I took the turbo off. When I saw that i was like goddamn turbo is definitely fucked. But turns out it’s not. Let me know what you guys think.

So I got the codes read. 000135 fuel rail/ system pressure. Also there are multiple misfires ( could be from antilag) did some research, could be injectors. It does have a hard time starting aswell. I’ve seen people say that it could be the Ecu or in other words the tune. I don’t know what the tune because it was already tuned when I got it. But that could also be a possibility. I’m going to have to take a look at the ecu to see if there are any stickers on it to suggest who tuned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vwengineer

Ready to race!
Blow off valve & diverter valve? It would be a good idea to remove the blowoff valve as it makes no sense to have both. What do you mean by closed off diverter valve? Did you check the downpipe for obstruction?

Bosnian

He put some kind of metal cylinder piece on the diverter valve closing it off. Yeah I plan on getting rid of the blow off valve. Yeah I checked that as well.

Bosnian

Update:
Started the car today. Still no boost, unplugged the map sensor and I got 5lbs of boost. Faulty map sensor? Or something else?

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Do you mean he blocked the factory location on the compressor housing and it’s using an aftermarket vaccum control bov? If that’s the case you can get rid of that & reconnect a factory revision D electric valve to the compressor housing & try that. And see if any boost hoses might leak.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Update:
Started the car today. Still no boost, unplugged the map sensor and I got 5lbs of boost. Faulty map sensor? Or something else?

5lbs of boost is what you get when you disable the MAP. ( such as forgetting to plug it back in after doing work )

So you are saying zero boost, then you unplugged MAP and got 5lbs?

Bosnian

Do you mean he blocked the factory location on the compressor housing and it’s using an aftermarket vaccum control bov? If that’s the case you can get rid of that & reconnect a factory revision D electric valve to the compressor housing & try that. And see if any boost hoses might leak.

Yeah I already did that. Still no boost, only when I disconnect the map I get 5lbs

Bosnian

5lbs of boost is what you get when you disable the MAP. ( such as forgetting to plug it back in after doing work )

So you are saying zero boost, then you unplugged MAP and got 5lbs?

Yeah zero boost when it’s plugged in, then when unplugged I get around 5lbs