GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
Exactly! I really didn't think too much about the lpfp..... might have to get in touch with bunnspeed about that one, he is the unofficial lpfp master lol. Unfortunately this build got slowed down a bit, due to the lady buying a 90 Mercedes 300E that needs a ton of work :23:. But parts are still slowly coming in :headbang:

its about $400 i think from USP motorsports and its supposed to help a ton with fueling. big turbo guys do them often too.

it would be awesome to see what the car can do when fueling is not an issue anymore....or attempt to make it a non issue rather

Car(s)
Subaru
Oh. I must have missed him saying he was doing internals. I don't feel like going back and looking so I'll assume that's it

Sent from my flip phone

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
Oh. I must have missed him saying he was doing internals. I don't feel like going back and looking so I'll assume that's it

Sent from my flip phone

yes he's building the motor and doing pretty much every supporting mod

OP might want to consider replacing the valve springs? not sure how much supporting info there is on this, but you're going to have the motor apart anyway

Car(s)
Subaru
Alright. Well like I said earlier, someone is running a f23t on a built motor and made about 375whp. I think he had a stock intercooler but maybe he can hit 400whp. Should be fun regardless

Sent from my flip phone

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
yes he's building the motor and doing pretty much every supporting mod

OP might want to consider replacing the valve springs? not sure how much supporting info there is on this, but you're going to have the motor apart anyway

Thanks for taking care of my thread while I'm away lol :thumbsup: (shakes fist at Andrew)

Ill look into the USP lpfp option, if its just a drop in solution ill have a hard time not doing it lol.

As for the valves, ive gone back and forth. Considering building the top end with some fancy Ferrara springs and valves, but have seen guys running gt30Xx turbos pushing 5-600 hp on stock FSI valve trains with 0 issues. Im trying to avoid doing things unnecasarily if I can. Money is not limitless, and 3 projects at once is killing me lol.

Also considering doing a RFD, have not done enough research on this yet and was wondering what the pros and cons are to it. Anyone care to chime in?

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
Thanks for taking care of my thread while I'm away lol :thumbsup: (shakes fist at Andrew)

Ill look into the USP lpfp option, if its just a drop in solution ill have a hard time not doing it lol.

As for the valves, ive gone back and forth. Considering building the top end with some fancy Ferrara springs and valves, but have seen guys running gt30Xx turbos pushing 5-600 hp on stock FSI valve trains with 0 issues. Im trying to avoid doing things unnecasarily if I can. Money is not limitless, and 3 projects at once is killing me lol.

Also considering doing a RFD, have not done enough research on this yet and was wondering what the pros and cons are to it. Anyone care to chime in?

The valve springs might be one of those if ain't broke don't fix it kinda things. Tsi guys might have more issues with them then we do? not sure

Here's some good info on upgrading the lpfp

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178838

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?t=5977986

And the pump itself

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-TT_MK_II-TTRS-2.5T/Engine/Fuel/Pump/ES2610149/

http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/store/products/fueling/unitronic-high-output-low-pressure-fuel-pump.html

Stupidly over priced ^

http://www.uspmotorsports.com/USP-Motorsports-Low-Pressure-Fuel-System.html

And I'm not too sure what this is
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/UpgradedIntankFuelPump.html

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Jet08

Ready to race!
RFD
Cons: cold temperature starts, cold idle, cold acceleration, cost of delete kit and software to code RFD and potential reduction in fuel efficency when cold

Pros: preventative RF motor failure, marginal flow benefits if using BT over GTX28xx

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
RFD
Cons: cold temperature starts, cold idle, cold acceleration, cost of delete kit and software to code RFD and potential reduction in fuel efficency when cold

Pros: preventative RF motor failure, marginal flow benefits if using BT over GTX28xx

sounds like its not really worth it then?

Jet08

Ready to race!
On a daily driver vehicle in a cool climate I would say not worth it unless you have a runner flapper motor issue.
On a track vehicle when chasing every last pony then yes.
Warmer climate and you have the inlet manifold off and you are getting or changing your tune then breakeven so yes.
Remember that there is hardly any useable spool when the engine is cold if you take care of your engine ;)
I think in the OP's case it is probably breakeven with the FT or K04 hybrid, if I was going GT28xx or GT30xx I would do it no question.

Car(s)
Subaru
^ how you liking the dm tune? you all squared away

but back on the f23t, i agree that it will take a little extra time before it runs right in the cold, but after about 5-10mins, it will be fine. i say do it. ill be doing it when i take my mani off

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
i just have an extreme lack of caring lately. not even joking in the least. so i know ill prolly miss more things on the forums. oh well, kinda why i havent been posting much too

No worries man, your friends on MKV will always be here for ya! Hope your doing ok!

@Jet08- Thank you for saving me initial research!

Back @ Red5pade- I'm retarded, the HPA intake does not have a runner flap.... the things I overlook sometimes astound me lol.