GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adding a custom resonator to a 42dd downpipe >

plac

GTI Master
After getting my special APR flash of stage 1 + test file to eliminate CEL, I reinstalled my stock downpipe a couple nights ago. Really enjoying the fit and finish of all parts again. Oxygen sensor harnesses fit in the correct places again, and the red rubber mounts are a flawless matchup. I always get a peace of mind from perfectly fitting stock components. The power feels great to me, and I have a nice quiet car again. I guess I always knew I wanted it back on, yet couldn't do it until i had a safer stage 1 tune installed. Would sell my 42dd locally if I get any bites. No way I would ship at this point, especially with the dual selection resonator pipes. If I can't get what I want for it, I'll just keep it for when I decide I want to install it again. My tune is set up to run it without a CEL anyway..

plac

GTI Master
So glad I got that custom APR flash.. My downpipe isnt having much luck selling local, and I'm pretty bored with my car. I'll probably end up reinstalling the downpipe soon. My stage 1 flash has CEL delete included, so I'll have no annoying issues. I have the downpipe for $260 local pickup now. It would be silly for me to go any lower, instead of just keeping it.

GTIWV

WV VW
i have an APR downturn section with a straight 3" pipe to the stock cat back, i love the sound. its quite except when you get on it, and then it has some tone. I dont see how anyone wouldnt like it

plac

GTI Master
i have an APR downturn section with a straight 3" pipe to the stock cat back, i love the sound. its quite except when you get on it, and then it has some tone. I dont see how anyone wouldnt like it

suppose not everyone likes to draw attention to themselves. if im gonna go for a stealth pass in a tight spot, i dont need everyone knowing ahead of time.

GTIWV

WV VW
suppose not everyone likes to draw attention to themselves. if im gonna go for a stealth pass in a tight spot, i dont need everyone knowing ahead of time.

but its not even loud though. you can slightly hear it, but IMO, its not that much louder than stock

plac

GTI Master
but its not even loud though. you can slightly hear it, but IMO, its not that much louder than stock

all interpretation. a downpipe with a resonator and cat is too loud to me.. you hear it whenever you put your foot into it. maybe not to someone else.

m-ymk5

bringing this thread back to life, this exhaust setup was a stock catback with the resonator changed to a magnaflow? This is what im looking to do i just want to confirm. (excluding the downpipe)

plac

GTI Master
bringing this thread back to life, this exhaust setup was a stock catback with the resonator changed to a magnaflow? This is what im looking to do i just want to confirm. (excluding the downpipe)

no. it was a 42dd NON-resonated downpipe which i added a resonator to.

the first pics are of an earlier 42dd downpipe which had a 42dd resonator.

S T

Passed Driver's Ed
Can anyone suggest a 3” magnaflow muffler? Im looking for one to add to my custom but not sure of which model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk