GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Desperately need VAG-COM in DFW area.

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
So I just bought a 2008 GTI today. It's my 5th GTI ever.

I had a 1983 Rabbit GTI until I fell asleep at the wheel. I was young, don't judge me.
I had a 2007 GTI that I bought in Germany while in the Army, and later imported it to the U. S.
I had another 2007 GTI, but foolishly sold it.
I had a 2009 GTI until a jeep rear-ended me.
I now just bought a 2008 GTI and recently (today) brought it home. Shortly after, I took it for a drive. This drive was not really spirited as there was more traffic than I anticipated. While stuck in this traffic, my GTI began to overheat. The MFD beeped at me and said, "STOP! CHECK ENGINE COOLANT!" so I immediately pulled over and noted the engine was indeed very hot. I let off a little pressure at the overflow bottle by loosening the cap enough to let some steam out and maybe a bit of water. I used napkins and did not get burned. I then noticed the water in the overflow bottle was boiling. I let it cool down and drove it to a gas station near home, filled it up with 93 octane gas, washed it to get the coolant off the paint and windshield, then brought it back home. I called the dealer I bought it from, and they agreed to take a look at it.
Before I let them look at it, I'd like to pull codes out with a VAG-COM, but not clear them. Additionally, I need to look and see how it's programmed to see if this has anything to do with the driver's door. It only locks & unlocks when I stick the key in and turn it.

tl;dr Desperately need a VAG-COM in the DFW area. Please PM me, or reply to this thread if you're willing and able to help. I'll throw in a 6-pack of good beer, or a case of Piss Water if that's what you want...and if you're 21 & up, of course.

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
The dealer is picking it up this afternoon and fixing whatever's broken. Since I'm at work, and unable to be there before they pick it up to scan codes, it's not so urgent any more. My gf will be there to hand them the key. I feel like a real tool for getting all excited and trying to HTFU to get scanned, just to have the vehicle towed before it's even possible for anyone to scan it.

I would like to extend my apologies to everyone.

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
It turns out I'm not a smart man. I have a device that I got from T-Mobile that plugs into my OBD-II port. This device has the ability to provide Wi-Fi in my vehicle, as well as tell me when it's been disturbed. Most importantly, though, it records fault codes for me. It did not, however, throw any codes about my cooling system. The codes it threw all point to the fuel filter, the hpfp sensor or the hpfp itself. The system seems to be running lean, which, imo, shouldn't make it overheat. Maybe I have 2 things wrong and only 1 is being reported.

Edit: formatting