GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars build thread

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Leaving it a single 4” outlet, no fancy tip.

Decided i might as well keep the Passat since i fixed/upgraded all of the common failures. It only has 130k on it while my MK4 has 240k. Going to fix oil leaks on the wife’s X5 then sell the golf

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
How's the vibration in the Passat without the balance shafts?

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
Barely noticeable since its on stock mounts. You can tell something is different vs a "normal" FSI but its hardly any worse than my MK4 2.slow

Very interesting. I wonder how much worse mine would be with 034 street mounts.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I’ll atleast put a catless dp on it and tune it, not sure the slush box can handle much more than that. I have a spare 6 speed, so if i come across a good deal on a clutch kit i might swap it but it is kind of nice not having to shift in a daily cruiser.

The interior is in pretty much perfect condition. I’m planning on picking up some monster mats and an android head unit but that’s about it

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Engine harness is very close. Need to add plug for aux injectors and loom over the rest of the engine harness but it’s already cut and ready. Figured i should probably test it before sealing it all up. Could technically start the engine now but I’m going to finish all the odds and ends before firing it

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I’ll atleast put a catless dp on it and tune it, not sure the slush box can handle much more than that. I have a spare 6 speed, so if i come across a good deal on a clutch kit i might swap it but it is kind of nice not having to shift in a daily cruiser.

The interior is in pretty much perfect condition. I’m planning on picking up some monster mats and an android head unit but that’s about it

Nice

Are you replacing the (now) broken grille?

It doesn't have the Sport package (seats) does it?
And/or what options does it have?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Nice

Are you replacing the (now) broken grille?

It doesn't have the Sport package (seats) does it?
And/or what options does it have?

Will be replacing it eventually, trying to decide if I want a badgeless grill or stick with OEM. It doesnt have the sport package seats unfortunately or many other options but it does have the cold weather package and sunroof.

Ordered an RCD330 for it lat night, should be here in a few weeks. Hopefully the CAN module doesnt need updated since its an 08. Looking for new shifter trim since mine is peeling like every other VW with the chrome

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I had one of those in my Grey GTI and like it a bunch.