GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAF based W/M kits

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
I chose MAF instead of a boost reference because I am still running the stock K03. Since it's a small turbo, it can hit max boost fairly quickly then begin to taper off. I feel that the MAF kit will give me more of a consistent performance. Also I think the people who had problems in the past with the MAF kits is because they had the controller where it only read VOLTS and not Hz (frequency based). The people I have read about who have had success with their MAF kits are all running the appropriate 2.0T FSI specific controllers. And that is the exact one I purchased. AEM's multiport MAF/MAP controller also can be set to read the VW 2.0T MAF frequency.

I ran w/m on race file with my KO3 daily for a year or so on a boost system no problems. The ko4 builds boost quickly as well. Its basically an on and off switch most of the time no matter if you set t up for maf or boost. There is no specific controller, and the maf takes a lot of time to setup properly. You need to dive the car and log it and make adjustments then drive it again and repeat. It take a few times and you have to know how to read the graphs and have the patience etc. Snow and DOs controller can read the signal just fine as well. I have setup a few for people in the past with no problems.

sh00k0nes pt. 2

Ready to race!
I ran w/m on race file with my KO3 daily for a year or so on a boost system no problems. The ko4 builds boost quickly as well. Its basically an on and off switch most of the time no matter if you set t up for maf or boost. There is no specific controller, and the maf takes a lot of time to setup properly. You need to dive the car and log it and make adjustments then drive it again and repeat. It take a few times and you have to know how to read the graphs and have the patience etc. Snow and DOs controller can read the signal just fine as well. I have setup a few for people in the past with no problems.

I do believe that a MAF kit is not for a complete novice and should definitely allow a professional to install it and tune it. I've owned my car for 9 years and I wouldn't claim that I am a professional but neither a novice. Prior to the purchase, I wasn't nervous/scared of the process that was ahead of me. I knew what it was going to take and I was fine with it. Luckily I've had a Vag-Com and have used it quite extensively, so logging and reading graphs is not really a challenge for me. Personally I enjoy being able to take my time and fine tune the system.

I think it's important to have great/reputable support, know your way around your car and like you said, have the patience to tune the kit. In the end, both MAF and MAP kits produce amazing results. The journey there might be different and depending on ones preference, the choice is up to them.

I want to give a shout out to GIACUser who has been such a great help and was quick to respond with detailed PM's! Thank You!