GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi RS3 Hatch $100K

Status
Not open for further replies.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
=) well I wouldn't mind that little more of extra traction giving me that nice safe barrier of AWD... just so I can go a little more mental.

I think I just want the new car smell again.....

Stop farting in the car so much. :)

I've seen car air freshners being sold at the CastleHill JAX outlet called "New Car Fragrance". That might be a cheaper way of getting it back.

mleung

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
I like the parts-bin sharing.
The guys in Skodas are laughing at us all.

Hahahaha true that....

Rumour has it the next Porsche boxter would share enginers with the MK7 GTI.... ok maybe not..... but you never know.

Well with how the things in the is world going.... and VW wanting to buy Ferrai. We might get an affordable super car called the ------

VW BOXALARDO-ITALIA RS Turbo - Carrea Quattro - Chanllengeleggera edition
- 5 Door coupe
- AWD with torque vectoring 100% rear wheels or 100% front wheels
- V10 Twin Charge with cylinder shut down to V8
- Mid engine

Jokes aside.... I really do like the Audi Quattro Concept

1300KG - 2 Door coupe - Engine from TT-RS tuned to 300KW.

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
This is great work guys:thumbsup:
I have alerted the higher authorities and will here back soon.. But all these
posts just keep proving my point...

Triode for your information you have taken over from Saad on the thread side and start more new topics on just about anything than ever Saad did,
and I'm not saying that is bad, because most of them are very informative.
Have you ever Saad?
If you had you would know that is just young Veedub enthusiast that doesn't mean any harm.. Yes he was annoying some times but didn't deserve to have all the racist comments directed at him..:thumbdown:

I'm sorry that you think I have over moderated.. I don't normally do that but i received several PM's with complaints about this particular thread and had to act...

I'm just human like everyone else and do this because it wasn't being moderated for a long time and went feral...
I'm happy to let all this go and move on but if you keep attacking the Moderator it's not going to end nice..:thumbsup:

So I will leave it up to all of you!
We can just move on from here:thumbsup:

Considering the last thread was rudely closed, out of respect for those who were participating in an informative dialog about the RS3 please continue.

Why was the original thread closed?!

There appears to be an outside force undermining JJ-R32's forum. I might pop him a PM to inform him on the what I suspect is going on.

WTF is happening to this forum? I went away after a series of unfortunate events here but came back after the Audi announcement to see what people think of the car. Went away for a few days and the thread has again been screwed and pulled by forum nazis? WTF?

Correct Donald,
The Australian section of this site has had some dubious things go on of late & I suspect outside influence has played a role in it.

Rest assured Donald as the appropriate people have been informed by the concerns and are currently assessing the matter. :thumbsup:

Now back to the infamous RS3 :smile:

I'm a bit concerned that the moderation standards being employed currently are the becoming same as those of another forum.

The standards of this forum previously were not like this in the past and should remain free and easy i.e. Forum members by and large self moderated.

While there was one unfortunate time in it's history that things went a bit too far, with blame lying with both the perpertrator (Saad) and some members. The perpertrator has since left (thankfully) and those members that attacked him (on a racial level) appear to have gone to ground.

The two forums are separate entities and should remain so. Otherwise, there will be no need for the other forum if both are the same. If this standardisation of both forums moderation is allowed to continue, what might happen is that both forums may die and members will start visiting vwwatercooled exclusively - which I am sure is not the desired outcome for both parties.

So lets return things to the way it was in the past, before the Saad debarcle. Let us not impose the moderation standards of another (competing) forum on this one. If things get too out of hand, by all means, step in a sort it out.

But don't remove or edit posts w/o first consulting the relevent members. Explain in detail why their posts were offensive and give them the opportunity to explain their actions (and try to understand their actions), before imposing harsh and punitive measures (and threats of violence).

This is the role of a moderator - to be impartial and to keep a cool and level head, to try steer the conversation towards a more civil outcome - Not to stop it entirely. This forum is a community and it's members should allowed to express their opinions openly, without threat of censure by a specific group of people with a specific agenda.

Hi Justin,

Unfortunately, both sites are competing whether we like it or not. The sites are competing for the same readership as is vwwatercooled or any other VW specific website. And the www being an global phenomenon - there are no national boundaries stopping readers from visiting overseas sites - whether some govts like it or not.

Websites are like commercial TV stations with advertisers sponsoring them. The more hits they get, the more they can justify to their sponsors that their site is sponsorship worthy. Your stance on foreign sponsorship is admirable from a nationalistic POV however, the fact is that you are still competing for the same pool of Aussie vw owners/enthusiast's attention as this US site is.

If more readers spend more time here, they will be spending less at yours unfortunately. And vice-versa.

All I am asking that things return to as they were (pre-Saad). Lets not have the same of everything because, in the end, we might all end up losers.

Some people prefer less moderation while others prefer more. Why not let those who like moderators to have a tighter control on things, gravitate to your site while those who prefer it more free and easy, to come here?

****WARNING****WARNING****WARNING****WARNING****WARNING

Off topic! Mods please delete the above post. it's not talking about the RS3!

Gee, I'm frightened as to what I can say now without being edited but here goes (promise not to use the words power or handling which could be inferred as promoting illegal street racing and or being a paedophile/terrorist/Julian Assange, by the moronically offended). :wink: joke joke, grain of salt.

I suspect the reason, Mr Cat, the tailpipes are round is this is a bit of a cost cut car developed to run out the model and use up some parts. Cynical perhaps but looks a lot more like a parts bin special with an ECU remap than a fully developed performance model, like the TT RS, or RS4. Otherwise, why release it right at the death of the model when Audi hasn't done that with any other RS models (have they?). There's been plenty of time to do so and I'm sceptical it's only now that the business case would finally allow for production to go ahead - why spend money properly developing it on an outgoing model when the same cost would have got Audi a new gen RS3 for the range. So aside from a few tweaks i'm not banking on it being that special, other than the price which is probably going to be pretty special.

The RS3 may not have been as sincere as they tried to make it, The current generation is at the end of its life.

It was the same concern DonaldR32 had (before his post was deleted :mad:) & I agree with him. How would you feel paying $100K+ knowing that the next model line is about to be released? Anyhow a hardcore enthusiast probably wouldn't care too much about it, but what sort of a hardcore enthusiast buys Audi's? Oh, they only produce AWD "sports" cars to cater for bank executives :happyanim:

Now a good moderator should/will normally step in, create a new thread and separate the OT posts from this one and place them in the new thread. i.e. clean up this thread w/o deleting anything.

No need for deletion - what is needed are better moderation skills. Hive off a new thread from this one and copy off the relevant bits - leaving only the RS3 bits here.

Justin, that's not a dig at you..., I coulda picked any post to quote so don't take it personally. My point is, a mod who was pissed off that apparently ANY talk that wasn't 100% right on topic was worthy of a threat to ban the last time round and has decided not to give me the bloody courtesy of explaining what forum rule I broke that resulted in such a threat, when I asked more than once. I'm asking for even handedness that's all and I don't know why that's not happened. I've asked the mod once again to explain what forum rule i'm accused of breaking and I eagerly await the reply. I asked last time round in the deleted thread and wasn't given one.

Other people were accused of 'going off topic' so either as a mod you stand by that rule each and every time or you exercise some common sense and let the discourse flow organically and only step in when a forum rule is broken. This isn't anyones fiefdom and it makes me mad as a hat when it comes across like it is, especially when there are FAR worse transgressions that slip right on through.

So, about the RS3, as I think it's a bit of a 'numbers' car, I look forward with anticipation to seeing some lap times as I wonder if there's not more than a few other hotties that will end up outpacing it for less money.

Status
Not open for further replies.