GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW may increase Mid-Engine production

triode12

Go Kart Champion
I have been reading a book on the Golf GTI. Apparently, the idea for a mid engined vehicle has been in development since before the Golf was born in 1974.

They scrapped the idea of a mid engined car to replace the Beetle bec of heat, smells and maintenance issues. The idea was to locate the engine under the driver and front passenger seats!

The idea was abandoned in favour of a FWD vehicle. i.e. Golf.

The mittle motor project is now back on the books at VAG and is to form the platform of several future models from VW, Audi and Porsche.

johnoR32

Werewolf Assassin
Car(s)
R32
I have been reading a book on the Golf GTI. Apparently, the idea for a mid engined vehicle has been in development since before the Golf was born in 1974.

They scrapped the idea of a mid engined car to replace the Beetle bec of heat, smells and maintenance issues. The idea was to locate the engine under the driver and front passenger seats!

The idea was abandoned in favour of a FWD vehicle. i.e. Golf.

The mittle motor project is now back on the books at VAG and is to form the platform of several future models from VW, Audi and Porsche.

Vw have always had brilliant ideas. Mid engine platform and develop the R division to the level Renault have. Then people will take notice of VW as a racing entity.