GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR stage 1 vs stage 2 vs stage 2+ vs K04!!

Speeddemon96

Go Kart Champion
The quest to power! here is a collection of all my dyno's done at at the same place. and same dyno.
hope this helps you guys decide what power to gain. my last dyno will be on meth on 100oct map. that will be for income tax.

stage 1: APR Ecu Flash and Evoms intake:

stage 2: APR RE-Flash + Apr stealth TBE:

stage 2+ APR fuel pump + re-flash:

Edition 30 turbo (K04):

Last edited:

fastgti69

M3 Eater
now for the garret + dyno graph

interesting results

totally agree!

but hot damn that is very good. this is one of the best threads ive seen. this is nice consistent data. i'm very pleased and happy with the numbers!

the data is so interesting from the k04 and k03. look how the k03 is dying with the HP at around 5k rpm compared to the k04 where it just keeps going higher!:thumbsup: the torque was a little surprising.. i thought it would have at least pushed another 25 wtq. but still great numbers and post!

thank you.

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
Great thread! I wish I had done something similar when I began upgrading and moving through stages. Well done sir! :thumbsup:

How did your max TQ drop with k04?

With APR's K04 file, they control boost before 4k RPM to help eliminate compressor surge due to the torque/boost spikes at low RPM (see circled part of K04 dyno below). This is why you see the k03 spike hard and quickly die off on the stage II+ file, while the k04 hits the max torque and just flat lines to redline. If you have ever riden/driven in a k04, it's quite remarkable just how linear the power is. Take that quick rush you get from a k03 and imagine it pulling that hard to redline...that's what you get with the k04.

DSC00623.JPG

Great thread! I wish I had done something similar when I began upgrading and moving through stages. Well done sir! :thumbsup:

With APR's K04 file, they control boost before 4k RPM to help eliminate compressor surge due to the torque/boost spikes at low RPM. This is why you see the k03 spike hard and quickly die off on the stage II+ file, while the k04 hits the max torque and just flat lines to redline. If you have ever riden/driven in a k04, it's quite remarkable just how linear the power is. Take that quick rush you get from a k03 and imagine it pulling that hard to redline...that's what you get with the k04.

ahh i see, ive never ridden in a k04 gti before. Im actually planning on doing an apr k04 myself and apparently my k03 stage 2 has surge but thats another story in itself.

JSnover107

Ready to race!
nice numbers, should clear up a few headaches im getting from my friends telling me i cant break 250whp with a k03

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I've bounced off the 7k rev limiter several times recently because of this. With the K03 it was obvious that the car was running out of breath as you accelerated into the upper RPM range. With the K04 you never get to the point where the car is struggling. It just keeps pulling strong all the way up so you don't NEED to shift gears...until you bounce off the 7k limit and your heart skips a beat because you think you just blew the engine :eyebulge: 3rd and 4th gear WOT are pretty impressive compared to Stg 2+ with the K03.

With APR's K04 file, they control boost before 4k RPM to help eliminate compressor surge due to the torque/boost spikes at low RPM (see circled part of K04 dyno below). This is why you see the k03 spike hard and quickly die off on the stage II+ file, while the k04 hits the max torque and just flat lines to redline. If you have ever riden/driven in a k04, it's quite remarkable just how linear the power is. Take that quick rush you get from a k03 and imagine it pulling that hard to redline...that's what you get with the k04.