GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Going to AU in a few days..

Elixxur

My car is a scorpion
Car(s)
R32
Hey I am going to be in southern Australia, (Sydney, Melbourne and maybe Kangaroo Island) in the next few days. Leaving on Wed till the 20th of June. What is the weather like there this time of year? Do I need a heavy jacket? I am currently living in Chicago where the weather reaches -18c in the winter (and lower!). Any tips on fun things to do?

Thanks!! Hope to see some MKVI Golf Rs!!

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
its freaking cold and raining!!!! u sure picked a good time to come mate!!!

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
June marks the start of winter in Australia. Melbourne is colder than Sydney but we have less rain, considerably less. I don't know about Kangaroo Island, I've never been there.

Average temperatures for Sydney in June are min 9.3 to max 16.9.
Average rainfall in June 130.6mm over average 11.4 days.

Average temperatures for Melbourne in June are min 6.9 to max 14.0.
Average rainfall in June 49.0mm over average 14.1 days.

As far as things to do, it depends on what tickles your fancy I guess. Just remember, we drive on the left side of the road.

saad

Go Kart Champion
check out vwgolf.net.au - therell be a big gtg in Sydney when your down - u should check it out!

BarneyBoy

...and it's only a 1.4?
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GT
Kangaroo Island and Adelaide are cold this time of year, but nowhere near -18C - more like +15 or 16C on a bad day - nights are about 6 to 10C.

We think it's cold, but you probably are laughing about it. ;-)
But try coming in summer when it's 42C... so 15C really is cold :)

Seriously, decent jacket for the odd rain shower and wind (on K.I.) maybe a shirt & sweater and you'll be OK. Hat if you have to. Good luck on K.I. - it's a very picturesque place and still pretty wild. But don't let the name fool you - it's frikkin' covered in koalas...

PS: And if you like fishing, you'll love the place.

Elixxur

My car is a scorpion
Car(s)
R32
Thanks for the info!!! Yeah those temps aren't that bad at all. In fact, that's how it was here last month! Right now it's 21 C during the day and 10 C at night. Oh and it's been raining quite a bit. Weather in Chicago is pretty weird too.

I'll do some more research on stuff to do, sure there is plenty!!

Elixxur

My car is a scorpion
Car(s)
R32
Thanks for the heads up but I'll be gone by then =( Have any of you gone to Luna Park? I'm thinking about going there on Friday since there is a sweet deal (30 dollar unlimited pass). I love roller coasters, maybe that's why I drive a VW haha :p

Elixxur

My car is a scorpion
Car(s)
R32
Haha why is that?

On a side note why are video games so expensive there??? Super Street Fighter 4 cost USD 24 dollars used! There it's like 74 brand new!