GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH PCV Instructions: Rear check valve removal?

sloMk5

2007 GTI
From the instructions:

If you notice a putting sound coming from your intake it is caused by the check valve in the PCV port on the rear of the valve cover. This check valve is sealed at rest and when pressure builds up behind it the valve will open creating a putt sound. This is not harmful and if found to be an annoyance the check valve can be removed from the rear port.

Can anyone elaborate on this for me? What exactly are you supposed to do to the breather tube? Thanks.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
It was a motherfucker getting that breather tube on and off.

BSH you guys should really include that in the instructions.

Briggs253

From the instructions:

Can anyone elaborate on this for me? What exactly are you supposed to do to the breather tube? Thanks.

There is a little valve inside the tube going from the rear outlet in the valve cover to the intake side of your turbo. The valve is really a joke in its construction, and you can pop it out of the tube literally by hand.

Just be sure that all bits of the valve are out of the tube before you reinstall.

doctorgonzo

Anti-spin doctor
There is a little valve inside the tube going from the rear outlet in the valve cover to the intake side of your turbo. The valve is really a joke in its construction, and you can pop it out of the tube literally by hand.

Just be sure that all bits of the valve are out of the tube before you reinstall.

He already popped it out and is commenting on the difficulty involved (mostly due to location, I've also done this and it is a royal capitol lettered BITCH), and the fact that there were no instructions included for the "Rear checkvalve Addendum."

Yep Slo, it is a bitch. Although, what would step by step instructions do? Keep morale up? It's a single tube, needs to be removed. There aren't any shortcuts or tips and tricks, it just sucks.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
:bellyroll:...yeah I know, but I mean this is nessecary if you have the checkvalve. And there is like 4 pages about the BSH parts, which take 2 minutes to install and are pretty self explanatory, and then just 1 vague sentence thrown in at the end about the thing that is a bitch and is going to take up the majority of the install time. Just a few sentences saying the tools required and that you simply bust out the checkvalve would have been plenty for me.

Oh well no worries, I'm happy with the product:thumbsup:

OneFastSicilian

Ready to race!
Car(s)
200+whp HONDA / Gti
Damn I was guna start this exact thread tonight wen I got home from work but its already done, now what other side effects are there if you don't remove this hose? Are u supposd to completely remove the hose or the valve inside the hose? I dnt really mind the puttig sound I can see how its annoying tho to some... Good thread tho

sloMk5

2007 GTI
You remove the tube, knock out the valve, and then reinstall the tube. Very simple, it's just a bitch getting to it.

I used a small ratchet with a universal adapter and a hex bit, a flathead screwdriver to pop off the stupid clamp and bust out the checkvalve, and then a new hose clamp to replace the 1 time use one.

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman
Hrm I guess i'm just not that annoyed by the sound. I can only hear it at idle anyways.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
it was pretty loud on my car. definitely had to go.

eatonrabbit

///Eurotrash
Car(s)
GTI DSG APR Stage 2+
Is removing this not necessary? I have that noise in my CAI now after installing the block of plate but if it's not harming anything I can live with it.