GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RHD Illegal?

Hokietuner

Rally Car Newbie
Just wondering if it is, yes I love my GTI and plan on spending plenty of money on it, but you can't necessarily just chop away at that car with no concern like you can a jap, so i've been considering doing a RHD conversion on a 240SX

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
no its not....u can convert a car to RHD...but if u were to buy a RHD from another country then u would have to get it certified to be in the US

vdubin

Autocross Newbie
if you are really interested in finding out more info on this type of project let me know, my mechanic has done 2 RHD conversions and is getting ready to start his 3, his car by the way was his first a 91 integra with a full JDM RHD conversion check him out http://www.teamhookitup.com/ the only thing is i am located in maryland but let me know

Hokietuner

Rally Car Newbie
vdubin said:
if you are really interested in finding out more info on this type of project let me know, my mechanic has done 2 RHD conversions and is getting ready to start his 3, his car by the way was his first a 91 integra with a full JDM RHD conversion check him out http://www.teamhookitup.com/ the only thing is i am located in maryland but let me know

Nah i'd like to do it myself, i'm taking an introductory to metal fab next spring, and then advanced metal fab next fall so hopefully i'll get my license to be a certified welder and I can weldin the firewall myself

Hokietuner

Rally Car Newbie
Scotaku said:
Where do I go to take classes like that? Seriously. I don't want to quit my day job, but I'd love to build up some metal skills.

Not sure, I know that there are actually art classes that will teach you to weld. I go to V-tech and i'm an engineer so I can use the metal shop and what not. Those classes are offered at my school, but i'm sure you can find something in the area.

It help that my grandfather welds and taught me some stuff

I think nova offers them

I typed in welding workshops norhtern VA and got hit w/ tons of responses from google. See what you can find, let me know