GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any bayarea shop that will reset my DSG with the Vag-com?

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
I'll post this up for the guys that don't like the pm thing.

1. Turn your key to the accessory position, and wait for all the warning lights to stop flashing, and the MFD to return to normal.

2. Push the gas pedal all the way to the floor (ALL THE WAY DOWN) and hold it for about 10 seconds.

3. You should hear a faint click, very faint. However, if you don't hear it the process is done anyway.

4. Let off the gas and take the key out of the ignition.

5. Wait 5 seconds, then turn the car on, and voila, reset DSG.

6. As a precaution, I always wait until operating temperatures are at their optimum level before i stomp on it.

I've learned form past people that I have talked to that this doesn't really work on the later model GTI's. I believe the last year it worked was for the 07's. But when I tried this, i definetly noticed that the revs held longer, and the jerkiness from APR stg 1 was almost non existent (as i have an 07). As for you guys who say it's not working for you, sorry, i don't know what to tell you other than go vag-com it. This is just my alternative to the guys without them.

Cosmo

chillin'
The pedal stomp does not reset the clutch calibrations for the DSG. I repeat, the pedal stomp does not reset the clutch calibrations for the DSG. This rumor has been flying around for way too long with absolutely no proof of what it does. You might as well argue that you can turn the key to accessory, turn the radio to 101.7FM, and alternate the turn signals between right and left for three consecutive flashes while your fog lights are on and viola - DSG is reset.

The VAG-COM method aligns with the procedure used by VWOA when the dealership resets the DSG. If the pedal stomp was a real procedure for reseting the DSG, it would be listed in the service manual somewhere.

Do a true reset once with the VAG-COM cable and you'll no longer believe that the pedal stomp resets the DSG. Really, just try it once. The result of the two procedures is nothing alike.

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 G37S
The pedal stomp does not reset the clutch calibrations for the DSG. I repeat, the pedal stomp does not reset the clutch calibrations for the DSG. This rumor has been flying around for way too long with absolutely no proof of what it does. You might as well argue that you can turn the key to accessory, turn the radio to 101.7FM, and alternate the turn signals between right and left for three consecutive flashes while your fog lights are on and viola - DSG is reset.

The VAG-COM method aligns with the procedure used by VWOA when the dealership resets the DSG. If the pedal stomp was a real procedure for reseting the DSG, it would be listed in the service manual somewhere.

Do a true reset once with the VAG-COM cable and you'll no longer believe that the pedal stomp resets the DSG. Really, just try it once. The result of the two procedures is nothing alike.

x2

Reset my dsg w/ my vag-com today as a test, all's good. The engaged calibration sure makes some ugly noises though! I'd definitely recommend this and it makes me wonder if it should be done anytime there is a significant mod done to the engine resulting in different power output. Maybe it's just in my head but it feels like the clutches engage a lil bit quicker and definitely smoother. Theres also a very slight change in exhaust noise when DSG shifts as well, sounds more crisp. Well it's been raining so testing it hasnt been the easiest, the wheels just spin.

mkv_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
hi guys,

i have follow the instruction posted, however i get stucked at this point:

Group 060
[Go!]
Activate the Basic Setting.
[ON/OFF/Next]
Clutch Adaptation

Control Module Software Version < 0800:

Group 062
[Go!]
Activate the Basic Setting.
[ON/OFF/Next]

Control Module Software Version >= 0800 :

How do i know which software version my car has?

Thanks in advanced..@ :)

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
You should be able to see the software version when you open the trans control mod it should show version there.

Do you have to perform all of those test to reset the dsg or just the ones you need, or should you do everything down that list

Notttravis707

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk5Gti
Not sure where you're located but there's a great shop in Petaluma called Sonoma autowerks. They're pretty busy being an independent shop but one of the guys there was a customer of mine. They're VW master technicians and helped me with all sorts of Vag comb coding problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnitedGrayMK5

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure where you're located but there's a great shop in Petaluma called Sonoma autowerks. They're pretty busy being an independent shop but one of the guys there was a customer of mine. They're VW master technicians and helped me with all sorts of Vag comb coding problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the guys at Sonoma Autowerks. I'm about to book them to do my timing belt and DSG service and reset since I've gone stage 2 since recently.