GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to Norfolk, VA. Where to go for car problems.

4myliver

Hi all!
I'm new to Norfolk, VA and to GTIs. I've had my '09 (w/ 23300 mi) for just over two months and the dreaded EPC light just showed up this afternoon. I know of the TSB and what else this could mean from what I've read on several forums. My question is, "Who do you all trust to work on your cars when you can't?"

Last edited:

o6RSGTI

Ready to race!
if your car is still under warranty take it to a dealer have them look at it. out of warranty find someone with VAG-COM scan your car for fault codes get the codes first than go from there. you can go to any advance auto parts store or pep boys they will scan your car for free or you can go over to NGPracing they will also scan your car for free they can also fix whatever the problem is.

NGP
German Auto Group

4myliver

Thanks,
Unfortunately I don't live near NPGracing but it sounds like a grate place I would love to find someone with a VAG-COM but since I'm new here that is not that easy.
As far as going to Advance Auto, from what I read the COMs there do not give all the info that is needed for a proper diagnostic.

o6RSGTI

Ready to race!
there was another dub shop over your way i can't remember the name of the place right now their prices were really fair too a lot of people from the NOVA area were going over there to get work done on their cars.

RedBeardBeer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Nothing
Thanks,
Unfortunately I don't live near NPGracing but it sounds like a grate place I would love to find someone with a VAG-COM but since I'm new here that is not that easy.
As far as going to Advance Auto, from what I read the COMs there do not give all the info that is needed for a proper diagnostic.

ToneyDanza vag-coms...send him a PM. You'll find him in the Hampton Roads thread.

T0neyDanza

Banned
Car(s)
2007 4 door GTI

4myliver

I HAS VAGCOM! I am off Fri-Sunday this week. PM me if you want to meet up and have me look at it.

Thanks Danza. Went ahead and took it to Eruo Pros. Turns out I have a blown coil. They're replacing all 4 for a reasonable price.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

younggijoe

@WesleyDSmith
Car(s)
MKV
Thanks Danza. Went ahead and took it to Eruo Pros. Turns out I have a blown coil. They're replacing all 4 for a reasonable price.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

You can't lose with Euro Pros. I've had several services done there, with the best workmanship and price around. Hoping I can have them step up my APR game soon...

GTIIII

WATRUDOIN
Euro Pro's. The guy that owns it is my buddy. He's done all of my tuning and he just did my 60k service. His prices beat any Volkswagen dealer.