GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake lights stuck on after electrical fire

Gabbagabbaray

Had to finally register to look for help in this. Had an electrical fire in the 2007 gti last week. Smoke was coming from under the hood, and car died as a pulled over, no start after. Couldn't see much under the hood, but after towing it home the damage wasn't too bad. Essentially had a massive short at the brake light switch, mounted on the master cylinder. The connector and switch were both melted together. After getting a new switch, plug, and crimping new pins on the harness, fired it back up and had a **** load of problems.

Only one instrument panel fuse was blown in the interior, causing a no start. Swapped that out and got it running, but had an air bag sensor fault, the DSG shifter can be moved all around with no foot on the brake, and brake lights on at all times. Unplugged the new switch and had no effect. I hooked up my carista and got 35 codes for all kinds of ****. Cleared everything out, no more air bag light, drove around the block a couple times, but last issue I can't resolve is my brake lights being on at all times. Anyone have any suggestions?. Unplugging the switch doesn't effect this, and I only have the hot black/red wire at the plug. I don't know what else could be keeping the lights on. Thanks in advance for any suggestions