GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help with front bumper

Konejo99

Helo all,

this is my first post even though i have been around here for a while, today while taking my gf to work coming down the drive way i went down from the side walk and hit my bumper from the passenger side, which broke the thing that slides into the side retainer thing is i dont know if that part is something i can replace or it comes with the cover attached, any help would be appreciated, if it cant be replace i am willing to buy a bumper cover.

this is the thing i am talking about in the image

and it slides into the bracket

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2010-V...6|Make:Volkswagen&hash=item2100746ed4&vxp=mtr

Attachments

• ecs.jpg
    ecs.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 376

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Probably something you would have to plastic-weld back on. Not 100% sure, though, maybe someone else will chime in. If you can't plastic-weld or don't want to buy some tools and attempt it, a new bumper cover is probably the solution. Then again, I can't imagine it would be cheaper than trying your hand at repairing it. There are plenty of DIY things on the topic on YouTube.

johnfh

Regarding the 'integrated bumper hangers', even if these are not sold as separate parts, they appear to just snap in with a tab/slot setup.

I am now in your same predicament with a perfectly good bumper cover that is missing one of these hangers.

Suggestions welcomed.

ramazzen

I had a similar thing happen, but I had the complete plastic bumper hanger thing and just used jb weld to put it back in the bumper, mind you the bumper fits now but doesn't sit flush with the fender panel so welding it back doesn't always provide best results