GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Head light issue, any help!!

Luckydawg75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Had the dealer remove the drl, so I could save the bulbs. Currently have a headlight out. So while looking for the replacement bulb, I find out that my GTI has the most expressive bulb I ever bought. Now my question is, I am noticing that my high beams are working through these headlights. My passing lights are still working with the cheaper bulbs, but using high beams, shouldn't they go thru the high beams and not the main head lights. Or did the dealer alter the vagcom incorrectly.
2009 Gti tsi motor

Eric6014

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2 Door 2008 GTI DSG
The Bi Xenon lamps are the low beam and high beam. The other lights are the flash to pass lights and are disabled on North American Cars. You can enable them to work as high beams with VCDS. Otherwise, the only way they function is with the handbrake on. It's stupid, but that's how it is.

Luckydawg75

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
that is what I am thinking, I am just so confused on were to purchase the replacement bulb at. ECS tuning has a pair of them for a great price, but they are just the low beam, but does that matter since the bulb is both high and low beam or is that a different bulb entirely.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Low/high beams are a D2S xenon bulb. Flash-to-pass (inner light on housings) are H7 halogen bulbs but will not turn on under most conditions on stock coding.

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
This is the best price I could find for decent bulbs. They were cheaper than any auto parts store in my area and they're a slight upgrade from stock. I also have some other, whiter-colored bulbs laying around that I might part with for slightly less, if you're interested. Are you in the DFW area? You can come pick up or I might even drop off if you're going to the VDub Spring Fest this Saturday. Send me a pm and let me know if you're in the area and/or interested.
Just FYI, I'm not very interested in shipping as it's WAY too easy to break or otherwise render these bulbs useless. I HIGHLY recommend using gloves if you're going to put them in your hand(s).