GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VAG-COM in western North Carolina Area

futureme

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everybody. I posted this on myfastgti but this forum seems to be much more active so i will post here.

I guess i will start off with why i was asking for VAG-COM. I own a 2008 BPY FSI GTI DSG. I have been getting a CEL for P0089 every couple hundred miles or so (Sometimes sooner) I am sure a lot of you are well aware that this code is "Fuel Pressure Regular Performance". Judging from the stuff on the internet it seems there could be a lot of different things that cause this code. I would prefer to have somebody with better scanning capabilities monitor the fuel pressure at the rail/other applicable diagnostics to help isolate the problem. I am not much for throwing parts at something

BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Purchased the car with 79K on the clock. Now approaching 83K miles still bone stock. In that time I have changed oil/filter, Spark Plugs, DSG flush, Timing Belt, and Cam follower. Cam follower had coating worn off of it but was not punched through. It was still smooth to the touch. I believe it was the original follower but i have no way to be sure. I checked fuel filter and it is not stamped?? Will be replacing over next few days. Car seems to run perfectly fine, code likes to set at low engine rpm. Ive cleared the code between 5-10 times. In all the freeze frames except for two that i recall, the code set at 7xx rpm, the other two were something like 12xx and 2xxx. code refuses to set at high RPM.

Any advice on perusing this code is appreciated. Ive read other forums and people have had so many different solutions to this problem that i do not want to put money into it until i have narrowed it down. I do plan on replacing the fuel filter anyway along with cleaning the intake valves pretty soon if thats relevant.

I do not have $250-350 to pay ross tech for my own VAG-COM. Nor the $200 for the fancy scan tool that ECStuning sells. But if anybody is willing to meet me to run a scan on my car I am willing to compensate. I am about 1HR from asheville, 2HR from greenville SC, 3HR from Charlotte, 2-1/2HRs from Knoxville TN.