GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Launch Control with DSG

kosmo6

Ready to race!
I've been hearing that we won't have launch control until next year. While that'd be really sweet to have, I can't wait a year just for that. Any word on whether or not launch control can be chipped in?

I've also been hearing about special edition versions of the 2.0T GTI with (up to) 240 hp from the factory. Any news or theories there?

INForged

Ready to race!
kosmo6 said:
I've been hearing that we won't have launch control until next year. While that'd be really sweet to have, I can't wait a year just for that. Any word on whether or not launch control can be chipped in?

I've also been hearing about special edition versions of the 2.0T GTI with (up to) 240 hp from the factory. Any news or theories there?

I think the special edition is way too early to speculate on, this car is just hitting dealerships now. What you should do is just get a manual GTI right now and start enjoying :wink:

HydroGTI

Drag Race Newbie
launch controll seems like its just a program set on the car and has been disabled for NA im sure it can be added on later on once a mod comes, now about a better GTI for a special edition, i doubt 1 will come out soon, wait till 2007-2008, cause the r36 might be out and i know they wont want to screw up their sales in releasing 2 nice cars, now i did hear that for audi, an S3 has a higher modded 2.0T comming from factory stock with 260bhp, so the special edition GTI might have the same, im not sure if they upgraded the turbo on the S3 but i know this, when i get my GTI this year, hopefully in lets say end of 2007-2008 audi will bring a 3dr, S3 quattro, ill trade my car in for that fo sho

this is actually the site with the S3, hopefully NA gets them

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_1951.shtml

HGVT

Ready to race!
HydroGTI said:
launch controll seems like its just a program set on the car and has been disabled for NA im sure it can be added on later on once a mod comes, now about a better GTI for a special edition, i doubt 1 will come out soon, wait till 2007-2008, cause the r36 might be out and i know they wont want to screw up their sales in releasing 2 nice cars, now i did hear that for audi, an S3 has a higher modded 2.0T comming from factory stock with 260bhp, so the special edition GTI might have the same, im not sure if they upgraded the turbo on the S3 but i know this, when i get my GTI this year, hopefully in lets say end of 2007-2008 audi will bring a 3dr, S3 quattro, ill trade my car in for that fo sho

this is actually the site with the S3, hopefully NA gets them

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_1951.shtml

S3 quattro 3 door ... nice! For now we play with and mod our GTIs :burnrubber:

Dude123

Oval Champion
Do you think it will be possible to get to 0-60 in a GTI with DSG, without launch control? How?

kosmo6

Ready to race!
Sorry, I didn't understand what you meant by that. I know that the magazines have been been getting mid 6s 0-60, but as far as the method I don't know. Maybe just like in an auto car, holding the engine against the brake and then flooring it with simultaneous brake release. When I finally have my GTI I'll definitely figure out what works best.

HydroGTI

Drag Race Newbie
lets put it this way, no launch control 0-60 is like 6.5,6.7 for DSG with launch control its around 6.2

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
Hate to sound like the newbie on the street but I am. Just picked up my V on monday. Im lovin it :drinking:
question is what exactly is launch control :help:

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
kidkusu said:
Hate to sound like the newbie on the street but I am. Just picked up my V on monday. Im lovin it :drinking:
question is what exactly is launch control :help:
Congrats on getting the car!

"launch-control" feature holds the engine at 3000 rpm until the brake is released, used for best acceleration on the DSG transmission, theoretically.

GTT

Touring Car Champion
JJ-R32 said:

"launch-control" feature holds the engine at 3000 rpm until the brake is released, used for best acceleration on the DSG transmission, theoretically.

Without the LC what happens now in a US/Can DSG?
If you hold the brake and give it the loud pedal, what happens?
On my test drives I didn't try it, wanted to be nice to the new car. :smile:

TT

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
JJ-R32 said:

:eyebulge: oh. appreciate the input. Yea dis thing is killer, i'm lovin it so far. Only problem is the car came with xm radio and i ordered Sirius so the dealer is going to switch the reciever boxes as soon as the get a serius box in.

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
Sauceboy01 said:
Congrats Kidkusu on the car!

I still like the Manual.. maybe i'm just being narrow minded?

hey thanks man, nuttin wrong wit being narrow minded, I too am a manual man, but the DSG is just sick. I have a 91 vette with a 6 speed and ill till you that manual is the shiznit but this DSG shifts so fast it is unbelievable. not to mention the paddle shift to go along with the DSG on the steering wheel. It was either the DSG or the NAV and i went with the DSG, but like i said i still have much :respekt: for the Manuals