GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dorman pcv replacement rough idle

Metalix031

Hey all after searching the forums I'm having trouble finding the information I'm looking for. I have a 2007 vw rabbit 2.5 with the infamous pcv problems. The car idles rough but when I disconnect the pcv tube and block it off the car runs like a champ. So I opened the diaphragm housing and there was a slight tear, needless to say I rushed to the nearest auto parts store and picked up the Dorman repair kit. 15min install and Overjoyed I started the car only to find my problem still persists and I hear almost an air pump like sound coming from the valve cover. Is there a trick to the pcv install? I've read that the Dorman needs a "break in"? Is it possible to be leaking at the o-ring on the vacuum tube or the valve cover ( I know there's a slow oil leak) ? I'm planning on using some smoke tomorrow to determine if there's any leaks around the inlet and diaphragm just trying to see if anyone has had a similar result with the Dorman. This is my daily driver so I need her back n going. Thank you all in advance!