GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight issues/question

futureme

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all. My GTI started having issues with its passenger headlight tonight. As I was driving it and I noticed the my light was flickering on and off. For my hour drive it continued to flicker on and off in cycles that seemed to last between 10-15 seconds. When it went off everything quit, my turn signal wouldn't work on the headlight either. It wasn't consistent with hitting bumps either so I do not think its a short or connection problem. And also it would still cycle on and off (at a lesser frequency) when stopped.

So my mind says its a ballast. But I don't think the ballast has anything to do with the turn signal right? funky fuse?

Any and all help appreciated. Thank you

09GTI_Mk5_Sasha

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI 2.0L
Real easy check you can do to rule out the ballast is swap the right and left ballasts and see if the problem switches sides. It's odd that you're having issues with your turn signal as well. Could be something completely different on its own.

futureme

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the reply. I was gonna switch the components this weekend to see what happened. But I was thrown off by the turn signal issue & was wondering if anybody else had this issue before. It is indeed odd