GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Frankenturbo F23T Owner's Thread

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Nah he kept it back to stock levels, but now he's trying to get it back at f23t levels. Or at least last I saw. He's never around anymore lol. Prolly his wife keeping him occupied!

k04 and stuff.

Car(s)
Subaru
Didn't you sell your car?

And HEY MAN LONG TIME

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone is buying it Monday I think :frown:

Nah he kept it back to stock levels, but now he's trying to get it back at f23t levels. Or at least last I saw. He's never around anymore lol. Prolly his wife keeping him occupied!

k04 and stuff.

Haha, yeah. She does. But I was hoping to get it back but the soon to be new owner seems to be excited about the power that's ready to be used for $500 for the hpfp

I'll prolly end up getting a Volvo, another vw, or Audi. Something cheap but fun and practical.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Some do. Why?

Ah man. And here I was telling everyone you kept it. Just to see your not! Dang.
Well nows a good time to get that mk4 r32!! lol.
I'm kinda lookin for something different as well. Gti makes a good daily, but I want something different for a weekend ride.

k04 and stuff.

Car(s)
Subaru
Ah man. And here I was telling everyone you kept it. Just to see your not! Dang.
Well nows a good time to get that mk4 r32!! lol.
I'm kinda lookin for something different as well. Gti makes a good daily, but I want something different for a weekend ride.

k04 and stuff.

Yeah. I want awd. So older s60 r, quattro a4, or r32. Cheapest would be the audio but I think I'll save up a little and get the Volvo. Bunnspeed got himself I nice looking Volvo. Kinda made me want one

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
Car(s)
Gary Fisher HiFi
So I just installed my F23t today and was wondering if anybody runs a mbc?

What software will you be running? It's very important to have a manual boost controller installed if running ECU software for any other turbo. That counts for even K04 software. A manual boost controller is a simple, inexpensive guarantee against overboost, no matter what.

CPT.SLO

Passed Driver's Ed
As of right now I just plan on using the Revo stage 3 K04 software. Just wanted to know if I should invest in one since it seems that half use one and the other half don't.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
As of right now I just plan on using the Revo stage 3 K04 software. Just wanted to know if I should invest in one since it seems that half use one and the other half don't.

I use that same tune on my car and it seems to work just fine, give it a try, but i would get one just to be safe.

CPT.SLO

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok, thanks. I'll probably get one then. And to install it do I just put it between the n275 and waste gate actuator?

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Ok, thanks. I'll probably get one then. And to install it do I just put it between the n275 and waste gate actuator?

You need something like this, fully closed makes no difference, if you open the MBC it will lower your peak boost.

CPT.SLO

Passed Driver's Ed
So I've been running my car on Revo Stage 2 software for the past two weeks, and every time I go WOT my boost will spike to over 30psi, and pop a hose. I installed my MBC and turned it all the way down, which helped a little. I'm just wondering if a proper K04 tune will solve this problem, or will I have to adjust the wastegate?

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
When i finally got my K04 tune from Revo i had already played a lot with the WG and a MBC, but im guessing the MBC (if installed as i posted the picture before) should be enough to control it with the K04 tune, no need to play with the WG.