GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Frankenturbo F23T Owner's Thread

jburkel9

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all, I will be installing my F23T this weekend and was wondering if anyone could chime in on a few questions. My car used to have a GT2860 on it running GIAC's VF RSS tune on it. I have all supporting mods and my ecu is still tuned for the 2860. My question is if I should run the MBC I purchased with the kit or if using the N75 would be a better idea? I was thinking that since the turbos are almost the same size, with the 2860 just being a hair bigger that it would be safe to run this tune. Is this logical thinking or is this just not a good idea at all?

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Hey all, I will be installing my F23T this weekend and was wondering if anyone could chime in on a few questions. My car used to have a GT2860 on it running GIAC's VF RSS tune on it. I have all supporting mods and my ecu is still tuned for the 2860. My question is if I should run the MBC I purchased with the kit or if using the N75 would be a better idea? I was thinking that since the turbos are almost the same size, with the 2860 just being a hair bigger that it would be safe to run this tune. Is this logical thinking or is this just not a good idea at all?

Take my answer with a grain of salt but if I were you, Id run the MBC in parallel with the F23T just in case. Even though the turbos are similar in size they have different spool characteristics and installing a MBC is pretty even insurance.

Just wondering, why are you moving from a GT28 to the F23T? Both are great turbos no doubt.

jburkel9

Passed Driver's Ed
That's what I was thinking as well. Is there a certain setting you would recommend setting the MBC at?

I loved the Gt2860 on my car but unfortunately I eventually broke a rod due to the motor being at high mileage. Since then I put a new block in with IE drop in rods to prevent this from happening again lol.

jburkel9

Passed Driver's Ed
My car was down for quite awhile and I ended up parting out my old turbo kit because I planned on trading in the GTI for something newer. Plans have changed and now I am keeping my car and I could not stand having a stock turbo after having all that power before. This arrived on the decision to try out the F23T.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
My car was down for quite awhile and I ended up parting out my old turbo kit because I planned on trading in the GTI for something newer. Plans have changed and now I am keeping my car and I could not stand having a stock turbo after having all that power before. This arrived on the decision to try out the F23T.

Go for IE450T if you have budget, if you don't then do for GTX2867R or GTX3071R.
IMO it doesn't make sense to go for small turbo after building my motor.

jburkel9

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah all of those options are out of my budget currently at the moment. I opted for the F23T because it's reasonably priced and I can still have all the fun I want with it for a daily. Maybe down the line I'll go back to a BT setup but for now the F23T will suffice.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
That's what I was thinking as well. Is there a certain setting you would recommend setting the MBC at?

I loved the Gt2860 on my car but unfortunately I eventually broke a rod due to the motor being at high mileage. Since then I put a new block in with IE drop in rods to prevent this from happening again lol.

I have the MBC setup in my car, F23T running on Revo K04 tune, for the first runs i would recomend leaving it a few turns "open" from the closed position, once you get the idea of how much boost is making, then move it towards the "closed" position, fully closed it will work as if the MBC is not there.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
wow, 4mons. sorry to hear btw

Yup. Im extremely disappointed.

I need to know if I need a tweak on my ecu file for running the "j" revision camshaft, I need my launch control enabled, and I want to talk about the possibility of getting spark cut written into the file like UM's tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car(s)
Subaru
Yup. Im extremely disappointed.

I need to know if I need a tweak on my ecu file for running the "j" revision camshaft, I need my launch control enabled, and I want to talk about the possibility of getting spark cut written into the file like UM's tune

speaking of spark plugs... i need to regap mine. i think being at 0.022, im getting misfires every now and then. im gonna go back to 0.026

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Yea, .026 is recommended

Update: Bronson called me and we talked for a bit. He explained quite a bit and he apologized. There are changes happening at DM, and they are going to be releasing a press release about it all soon.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Yea, .026 is recommended

Update: Bronson called me and we talked for a bit. He explained quite a bit and he apologized. There are changes happening at DM, and they are going to be releasing a press release about it all soon.

The sooner the better. I sent an email requesting a wm revision file, and got a notification that their mailbox is full.

k04 and stuff.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
speaking of spark plugs... i need to regap mine. i think being at 0.022, im getting misfires every now and then. im gonna go back to 0.026

Didn't you sell your car?

And HEY MAN LONG TIME