GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SALE: Audi R8 Ignition Coil Sets for your 2.0T - $99.95 w/ free shipping!

MJM Autohaus

GolfMkV Sponsor
SALE: Audi R8 Ignition Coil Sets for 2.0T + 2.5L - starting at $99.95 shipped!

UPGRADE TO BETTER IGNITION COILS FROM THE AUDI R8 PARTS BIN!

Unfortunately, our beloved Volkswagen 2.0T motors can often have ignition issues that need your attention. If your engine has a misfire code with a check engine light on, the problem is more than likely a failing (or completely dead) ignition coil. If that's the case with your 2.0T powered VW, there is now some hope, as these coils from the Audi R8 (and other 2.0T equipped applications) have helped thousands upon thousands of owners out with their ignition-related problems (on both chipped and non-chipped vehicles).

In fact, due to the overwhelming demand and discovery of this upgrade, many Volkswagen and Audi dealers across the country are now selling these ignition coils for the 2.0T engines. These Genuine OEM VAG ignition coils are red in color and are the latest and most reliable revision "E" coils from Volkswagen and Audi. These coils work amazing in all 4-cylinder FSI motors that originally came with black coils packs from the factory. Not only will swapping out your old, tired, faulty black coils with these bright red coils look great, but the car will also run much stronger.

$99.95 with free shipping!

Click HERE for more info or to buy!

Last edited:

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
red tops seem to handle more abuse... from what i hear. its recommended to use red tops for k04 and bigger builds i know

I still use black tops and I dont know of many people going for more power than I am. I have not seen one bit of concrete evidence suggesting these coils are "better" or "more powerful". People assume that since they came off a high end car they must be better. I'd like someone to prove it. As a replacement, these are nice and the red seems to go with some peoples themes, but I wouldnt say that they are better for high HP builds over the blacks

I still use black tops and I dont know of many people going for more power than I am. I have not seen one bit of concrete evidence suggesting these coils are "better" or "more powerful". People assume that since they came off a high end car they must be better. I'd like someone to prove it. As a replacement, these are nice and the red seems to go with some peoples themes, but I wouldnt say that they are better for high HP builds over the blacks

+1 don't think there's any way to prove they're better or worse either, at least not easily/cheaply

Car(s)
Subaru

well good thing i said from what i heard :rolleyes:

MJM Autohaus

GolfMkV Sponsor
The red units are indeed better. I believe it was IE that saw improvements on the dyno (but we'd need to double check our notes). Without question, however, they definitely made the in-house cars we've installed them on run better. That is not opinion -- that is fact. Misfires went away and power was restored on chips cars.

michail77

Go Kart Champion
One of the test videos showed a brighter spark. Not sure what that translates too in performance. But the cost difference isn't that bad. I've seen sources selling reds cheaper than other places selling the black ones.

Besides, they look great when you don't have an engine cover :)

MJM Autohaus

GolfMkV Sponsor
One of the test videos showed a brighter spark. Not sure what that translates too in performance. But the cost difference isn't that bad. I've seen sources selling reds cheaper than other places selling the black ones.

Besides, they look great when you don't have an engine cover :)

:thumbsup:

MJM Autohaus

GolfMkV Sponsor
2.5L OWNERS - YOU ASKED SO WE ADDED THEM FOR YOU!

$119.95 SHIPPED - WITH SAME DAY SHIPPING!

CLICK THE PHOTO FOR MORE INFO OR TO BUY!

MJM Autohaus

GolfMkV Sponsor
SAME DAY SHIPPING ON ALL KITS WHEN ORDERED BEFORE 3PM CST!

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
The red units are indeed better. I believe it was IE that saw improvements on the dyno (but we'd need to double check our notes). Without question, however, they definitely made the in-house cars we've installed them on run better. That is not opinion -- that is fact. Misfires went away and power was restored on chips cars.

I'd hardly call that evidence that these coils run better. No doubt the dog grabbed your notes, right? If you had a defective coil pack a new factory model would just as likely have returned the engine to proper running.

In my years of running these cars hard under track conditions with flashes and K04's I found the factory spec coils always ran best. My own car logged over 20k track miles of flat out running with a K04 without a single misfire. By mixing and matching unknown parts it becomes more difficult to diagnose issues as well.

MJM Autohaus

GolfMkV Sponsor
I'd hardly call that evidence that these coils run better. No doubt the dog grabbed your notes, right? If you had a defective coil pack a new factory model would just as likely have returned the engine to proper running.

In my years of running these cars hard under track conditions with flashes and K04's I found the factory spec coils always ran best. My own car logged over 20k track miles of flat out running with a K04 without a single misfire. By mixing and matching unknown parts it becomes more difficult to diagnose issues as well.

Okay.

MJM Autohaus

GolfMkV Sponsor
SPONSORS classified area?

Hello. Because of the duration at which we've been paying a nice amount of money to be here (going on our 9th year now -- next year will make a full decade), owner Jerry Pina has allowed us to advertise here. If you have any other questions about special package deals on these R8 "red top" coils, let us know and we'd be happy to take care of you. They really will improve the way the car feels.

- PHONE: 210.DUB.PART (382.7278) :thumbsup: