GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Short shifter

Valandil

Passed Driver's Ed
the most recommended one you'll find on this forum is either OEM+ S3 shifter (if you haven't gone that way yet) if you want a shorter but OEM feel. Otherwise the dieselgeek sigma 6 short shifter....that is the two most popular options here it seems

i personally went VWR but presently cannot give you a recommendation due to unforeseen circumstances...

goneD4rk

Banned
the most recommended one you'll find on this forum is either OEM+ S3 shifter (if you haven't gone that way yet) if you want a shorter but OEM feel. Otherwise the dieselgeek sigma 6 short shifter....that is the two most popular options here it seems

i personally went VWR but presently cannot give you a recommendation due to unforeseen circumstances...

there are many more. Forge, 42 draft, neuspeed to name a few.

some let you move the pin to any shortness of shift you like .

some, have 1 or two pin positions, 40% shorter or 20% for example.

change out your soft oem shift bushings while your at it

for hard plastic or aluminum (42 draft). this will give you the 'snap into gear' feel.:thumbsup:

thank you for choosing 6 speed, leave dsg for the ladies. :lol:

Valandil

Passed Driver's Ed
goneD4rk sorry I wasn't trying to suggest those were the only two available. i am saying based on most feedback on short shifter threads those are the two most people recommend in their replies.

and yes i too commend you for joining the 6-speed side of life

phillwar

Mech.
Car(s)
GTI
I had the ecs short through and liked it ok, but I also never put it in the shortest setting as I had heard it makes the pattern off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk