GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bugdet build AKA Euro butt hurt

andysamland

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Where to even start this. I have a 2008 VW GTI in the beautiful red color. When i bought the car it had a little over 50k miles and came with a 6 speed. BONE STOCK. The criticism we have recieved from people about this car has been epic. The car was originally just going to be a k04 car that was pulled off a Audi TTS when he went bigger and when that went on it was only right to support it with the S3 intercooler and a little more fueling utilizing the S3 injectors as well. As the shop around these parts was an APR dealer we also had the APR HPFP installed and flashed accordingly.

Then everything changed. The HPFP pump spring snapped in half and shoved all sorts of great stuff the engine as well as causing a whole bunch of issues. LET THE FUN BEGIN

As long as the whole engine is coming apart may as well build it right? IE rods and JE 10.5:1 pistons. replaced the HPFP with another APR pump (yes we had to buy another). Engine went back together and eurodyne was ordered.

Huge props to the guys at Eurodyne as the patience that they have had with me as ive learned the tuning of multiple platforms over the last couple months (mk5 gti, mk4 gti e85 F23, Mk2 TTS BT). Cant say enough good things about them. I digress.

We decide to keep swimming against the current and try to E85 the car with great success! we got it to full e85 on the Rs4 rail valve on 20 PSI on the K04 and made great power but decided to turn it down to a 50/50 Mix. E85 is very readily available here in omaha, NE so the mixing is very easy. The car sat at around 330 HP at the wheel (confirmed with races, NOT dynoed). The car sat that way for 6 ish months as the work on the TTS began.

Now enter today..... Custom built Aux LPFP setup run on a hobbs switch. Twin intercooler just installed today along with what we have began to call the ebay build. Its actually gotten pretty humorous. 62mm ball bearing Turbo, couplers, coolant and oil lines, wastegate and all associated aluminum charge pipes and intake were all ordered on Ebay. We realize this isnt going to be reliable. It will all go legit once this setup goes.

Once the turbo is all plumbed up tomorrow the 155 bar rail valve will be swapped into it to really push those S3 injectors as far as possible while we develop the arduino CAN fuel control box to control extra injectors.

I personally have a goal to not be reliant on water meth on this car so we will be starting to play with an e85 mix again after the aux injecotor controller is finished :thumbsup:

Thats about where we are now. Any questions feel free to comment. Love to answer questions i prolly forgot to cover above

Cheers!!!:headbang:

goneD4rk

Banned
can we see this race car?

andysamland

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Of course. We are just finishing up a few things in the shop today and I'll take some pics and maybe a vid while I'm tuning it

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
lol @ 330hp confirmed with racing

seems like building your own controller for aux injectors is over complicating things. im sure there are other means to control injectors, or just go rs4 injectors, depending on the goals.
also the switch on the LPFP, if those crazy europeans can control ttrs or porsche pumps with stock controller, i think we could too...but not with maestro i don't think

NateC

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd love to see it too

Driver Motorsport

Ready to race!
seems like building your own controller for aux injectors is over complicating things. im sure there are other means to control injectors, or just go rs4 injectors, depending on the goals.
also the switch on the LPFP, if those crazy europeans can control ttrs or porsche pumps with stock controller, i think we could too...but not with maestro i don't think

The Europeans aren't actually doing anything with the controller. They're using a TTRS LPFP to a stock controller. It's common and will work as long as you don't push it too hard, but then again why upgrade the LPFP at all in that case.

BAMF

Ready to race!
I'm sure aux injectors *can* be controlled by something interfacing with the CAN bus, APR is doing it with their aux LPFP. Props to this guy for trying something different instead of just dropping in RS4 injectors. I'm really interested to see the end results on E85!

andysamland

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Update!

A little update. Much to everyone's surprise ( including myself) we finished the entire thing in about 18 hours and it ran perfectly right off the lift. Keeping the n75 control and ran a base to see what kinda boost the s3 injectors can sustain with that kinda airflow. The max out right about 27ish psi @150bar and 9ms. Anything over that and it starts to lean out a little. Will upload a few pics from the recent work in a little bit. Goes on the dyno august 9th during ice cream cruise

andysamland

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Wastegate dump isn't ridiculously loud and I guess I'm lost as to what you mean by dampers?