GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 GTI steering wheel in Mk5 - help!

Mark4323

GTI Blue Graphite | DSG |
Hi all

I've come late to this conversion. I'm having trouble on my MY08.
Got the correct parts. After installation the steering wheel, traction control and TPMS lights stay on. Everything works except the paddles and there is no power steering.

When it is connected to VCDS it doesn't read the wheel moving.

Can someone give me advise on how to repair this?

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
What's the part number and revision of the steering Wheel Control Module and Slip Ring/Clock Spring that your using?

Mark4323

What's the part number and revision of the steering Wheel Control Module and Slip Ring/Clock Spring that your using?

The mk 6 C/C stalk has partnumber 1K0 953 513 G
Steering coloumn controller is partnumber 1K0 953 549 CH.
The slipring needs to be the C revision 1K0 959 653

Mark4323

Looks all correct.

Any luck resolving the matter?

No :( still not playing nicely. Has the following warning lights on: steering wheel, traction control, TPMS.

cencalmk7

Ready to race!
In for the solution, been working on a partial mk6 interior swap.

Got a highline steering wheel control module, mk6 c/c. Not sure if a clock spring is needed as well

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
You'll likely need a new clock spring. The yellow air bag connector is likely not going to fit on your existing clock spring (but I could be wrong).

Rob

cencalmk7

Ready to race!
You'll likely need a new clock spring. The yellow air bag connector is likely not going to fit on your existing clock spring (but I could be wrong).

Rob

Hopefully when I find an airbag I'll be able to do the swap. At this point seems like quite a bit of money to do the swap...not sure if it's all that worth it. Rather have a fahrenheit and not be tempted to swap lol