Inspired.
Wintermode.

Pretty fucking hot... No lie.

bempey

Uses SUVs as Pylons
Car(s)
08 GTI 5-door
Just adopted a 2008 CW GTI, "pre-modded"

Managed to buy this car with VW's CPO program, meaning full bumper-to-bumper warranty. Which is surprising for a car with unknown engine-mods (but traction problems in all gears, even 6th @ 140k :drool:), exhaust, suspension, shifter, NAV/DVD player, and who knows what else.
In the background is my modded 2000 A6 twin-turbo/6-spd that rides on an Eibach/Koni suspension. It loved to dine on BMWs :wink:. Just sold it tonight, reducing the fleet to 3 VW cars and the last VW truck sold in North America (which I bought new in 1992).
Sorry for the low-grade cell-phone photo.

Attachments

• Brians2008GTI_CameraPhone.jpg
    Brians2008GTI_CameraPhone.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 2,513

Garabins

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
I got rid of my Ultraleggeras to fund my BT, and have been riding on some 16" winter wheels for the past several months.I didnt have much $ to spend on wheels and needed something that could run a 235 tire..Got lucky and found these 18x8 "Samarkand"...This is with my FKs fully raised up, and love how these wheels look.

Garabins

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
Managed to buy this car with VW's CPO program, meaning full bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Good stuff, i also got a killer deal on my 2007 two years ago. It had 39k and was a company car, so it came with the CPO warranty until 50k + an extended warranty until 70 for 15,500 and was valued at 19 through kbb...But i have been very lucky with this car since all the parts that have been known to fail were upgraded before the purchase. Enjoy your new car!:thumbsup:

bempey

Uses SUVs as Pylons
Car(s)
08 GTI 5-door
COLOUR CONFUSION

I'm seeing a mix of white and black side-skirts and rear-lower-bumper-covers. And discussions about painting the black ones to white.

Can someone explain why some cars have black skirts, and some (like mine) have white?
Different year, trim, # of doors, what???

babydubz

bagged life.
Car(s)
09 GTI (SOLD)
Stock base side-skirts are textured black, votex and TB side skirts and bumpers come from the factory painted. Yours probably had one of these options installed

this.

judging by your picture, it looks like the previous owner had the stock sideskirts painted to match the car. on a side note, be sure to check out the regional section. we have a great local MKV community in the vancouver area.