GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My MKV GTI build thread

Justin Fox

Ready to race!
Had a deal made to get my bonnet protected with Opti-Coat. Not a bad idea for anyone rocking some expensive carbon bits.

Full review here: http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?5633-Opti-Coat-review

jbonales

Passed Driver's Ed
This is my absolute favorite build/pic thread! Sexy pics and slick ride, man. Very beautiful piece of art there. Inspiration at its finest!

Justin, I must know what wheels these are!

goalie33fan

Passed Driver's Ed
questions.

how much did all your mods on your gti cost if you do not mind me asking?

and what is your profession?

Justin Fox

Ready to race!
Justin, I must know what wheels these are!

They're Alpil Eleven's bud! :)

questions. how much did all your mods on your gti cost if you do not mind me asking? and what is your profession?

Not sure how much all the mods have cost me. Most of the modification has been taking weight out, and much of that was free! :)

Profession: I'm a graphic designer by trade but I also run a few forums (JDMST, VWGolf.net.au, Australian INfront, and I'm just launching Zen Garage).

No updates form me, still tweaking suspension:

I'm having issues with the front tyres rubbing the guard on mid corner bumps, more specifically exactly where the guard meets the front bar. Fine on the passenger side but since that fucked up tyre place (name which I won't mention) popped out my front bar it pops out on it's own now, drivers side. I had a good look under there today, the tab that holds the bar to the guard itself is damaged. Not sure what to do.

I've also adjusted both damper and bump on the fronts to APs spec (Anthony Mitchell who very generously shared his settings with me), ride is much more compliant now, was way too crashy before.

Also added some stickers under the hood. As much as I love collecting stickers I hate sticking them on anything. When I do stick a sticker on a car I end up hating it, then ripping it off soon after. I figure this is a good out of sight out of mind way to represent!