GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: MKV Premium 8/RCD510 Swap

bacardicj151

Car(s)
07 GTI
Can anyone with a Vag Com Post up their 56- Radio Long Coding? I fixed my low volume problem by changing it to 0100000101.

Byte 1 - 00 Sound System not installed
Byte 2 - 00 Sound System (active Speakers)
Byte 4 - 01 Treble Speaker Monitoring deactivated (Sound System)

Blimey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
1992 GTI 16V
Mine seems to be the same but I never have it too loud tho

My question is this. When I turn off the ignition the radio shuts off.My other Prem.7stayed on till I removed the key(as even my 01 and current 92 dubs do) Whats up with that?

siliconcenturion

Go Kart Champion
Can anyone with a Vag Com Post up their 56- Radio Long Coding? I fixed my low volume problem by changing it to 0100000101.

Byte 1 - 00 Sound System not installed
Byte 2 - 00 Sound System (active Speakers)
Byte 4 - 01 Treble Speaker Monitoring deactivated (Sound System)

I changed my coding to this.
Changing byte 2 from "04- 4 Speaker Channels" to "00-Sound System" didnt seem to make a difference, nor did checking "Shortpress Steering Wheel Buttons installed" under byte 3

12ammkv

couple of questions.

1. if the can systems is not the right version the RCD-510 won't "go to sleep" how do i tell besides a dead battery? like right now with prem 7 i shut the car off, take the key out, the radio shuts off, but if you hit the on button on the radio (i think at any point) the radio turns on for 15 min, so is it really ever "asleep".

2. the website MFD3.com isnt working for me, is it working for anyone else i need the sat cable and i oemplus is backordered.

i had another question but i cant think of it right now.. thanks guys

siliconcenturion

Go Kart Champion
couple of questions.

1. if the can systems is not the right version the RCD-510 won't "go to sleep" how do i tell besides a dead battery? like right now with prem 7 i shut the car off, take the key out, the radio shuts off, but if you hit the on button on the radio (i think at any point) the radio turns on for 15 min, so is it really ever "asleep".

2. the website MFD3.com isnt working for me, is it working for anyone else i need the sat cable and i oemplus is backordered.

i had another question but i cant think of it right now.. thanks guys

I'm not sure how you would tell if it goes to sleep or not. The easiest way is just to check the part number on your CAN module, whether by VAGCOM or physically inspecting the part (under dash driver's side front).

Yeah, MFD3 appears to be down. You can use a generic (non-FAKRA ends) sirius extension cable though.

12ammkv

thanks for the fast response, i tried to look at the module yesterday but couldnt read it, i didnt know how to take it out and didnt feel like break the bracket or module. as far as the other cable, how would it lock in to the back of the radio and antenna cable, i was thinking of just cutting it and soldering it but in my line of work i have seen and tried it and doesnt always work, then ill be pretty P-O hahah

siliconcenturion

Go Kart Champion
thanks for the fast response, i tried to look at the module yesterday but couldnt read it, i didnt know how to take it out and didnt feel like break the bracket or module. as far as the other cable, how would it lock in to the back of the radio and antenna cable, i was thinking of just cutting it and soldering it but in my line of work i have seen and tried it and doesnt always work, then ill be pretty P-O hahah

You can easily unclip your CAN module part to check the revision number. Maloosheck gives basic instructions here: http://furmanka.blogspot.com/2010/03/mk5-bramka-can-j533-can-gateway-j533.html

As far as the Sat extension cable, if you buy one without connectors, the friction of the cable will hold it on. Some tape wouldnt hurt either. However, do not try to splice and connect the antenna and extension cable. The cable is coax and does not take kindly to being crimped or spliced. Someone over on the 'tex ignored me and tried to solder the cable, and he ended up having to buy a new extension and a new sharkfin antenna.

12ammkv

Alright I'll give it I shot and try and take a peek, I'm really hopeing I don't have to have it flashed but I'm sure I do my car is an 07, is that something that can be done with vag-com? To program it to the correct version? If so, is there a thread on the correct programing and it is correct? I don't want to fry my can and or ecu.
Yeah that makes sense didn't think about it being coax wire, I'm used to soldering the after market ones to the non coax antennas. Thanks again for your help, I'll mail you some beer! Hahaha

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
You can't re flash the gateway.
If it's the wrong type (before version L)
It will need to be replaced with a newer one.

Jason

PooLeArMor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 CW GTi
if i dont need the SAT radio do i need any new wires for AM/FM radio ??

all i use is SD card and AM/FM radio and AUX input