GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

guys help me out..why dont my s4 wheels fit

still tippin

I<3 BOOST
Car(s)
vw gti mkv
Just bought a set of 18 inch flik rims..and the guy said they came off a 2001 or 2002 audi b5 s4..soo the bolt pattern is 5x112 but the center hub of my gti wont fit in the center of the wheels..like it wont go in and rest on the wheel hub..some one metion buying hub centric rings..but what size would I need and where do I get them?..if you guys still dont know what Im talking about it seems like my center hub is to big to go in the wheel..help me out

TheeFT

That One Guy
Car(s)
Germans
offset isnt going to effect the hub not fitting, is it seating at all in the wheel or it just won't go in? the gti and s4s hubs may be the same diameter but is it the same depth

ViRtUaLheretic

&#9581;&#8745;&#9582;&#65288;&#65078;__&#65078;&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Did your previous set of wheels have hub centric rings? I had a set of O.Z. Ultraleggeras and 2 of the hob centric rings got stuck around the hub and it took me a while to realize what the problem was.

jesse085

Passed Driver's Ed
I was under the impression that the B5 had a different stud pattern to an Mk5. Ive always thought the Golf range shared the same pattern as the A3/S3 which is different to the B5 A4/ S4 pattern. My previous car was an A4 B5 and it did not fit S3 wheels.

still tippin

I<3 BOOST
Car(s)
vw gti mkv
offset isnt going to effect the hub not fitting, is it seating at all in the wheel or it just won't go in? the gti and s4s hubs may be the same diameter but is it the same depth

I think it went in a little but yea i remeber it not going in all the way cus the back side of the wheels are very thick like the center part..how would i fix that..?.or is that even a problem.?

still tippin

I<3 BOOST
Car(s)
vw gti mkv
I was under the impression that the B5 had a different stud pattern to an Mk5. Ive always thought the Golf range shared the same pattern as the A3/S3 which is different to the B5 A4/ S4 pattern. My previous car was an A4 B5 and it did not fit S3 wheels.

By stud pattern do u bolt pattern.?..

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Yes, he means bolt pattern.

Not sure if they're the same, although they should be from what I remember/have read.

That being said, probably the hub size is different. Different depth, or maybe you just need to give it forceful push or something.

Check your wheels for a hub-centric ring that's been left in there, or maybe even a hub-centric ring on your hub that's been left there.

You never know! Most of these problems are because of something really dumb.

blkmaggtsp74

Ready to race!
Did your previous set of wheels have hub centric rings? I had a set of O.Z. Ultraleggeras and 2 of the hob centric rings got stuck around the hub and it took me a while to realize what the problem was.
Lol, been there and done that too!
And yes OP, they can go on eather the hub or the wheel.

CW.GTI

Banned
Car(s)
VW
B5 S4 should have the same bolt pattern as the MKIVs which is 5x100, are you sure it is 5x112

Nope.. B5 S4s have a 5x112 bolt pattern just like our cars. The hubs are the same bore size as well, 57.1. OP, how badly is it off? I'm assuming since it won't even fit, the wheels you bought have a pretty small center bore? Take some pics because what you're asking is difficult to answer with the detail you've given..

monte

giggidy
Yes, he means bolt pattern.

Not sure if they're the same, although they should be from what I remember/have read.

That being said, probably the hub size is different. Different depth, or maybe you just need to give it forceful push or something.

Check your wheels for a hub-centric ring that's been left in there, or maybe even a hub-centric ring on your hub that's been left there.

You never know! Most of these problems are because of something really dumb.

More than likely to be the case.:thumbsup:

still tippin

I<3 BOOST
Car(s)
vw gti mkv
found the problems guys..turns out flik wheels center bore is 73.1 so I do need hubrings that go from 57.1 to 73.1 correct..???..where do I get a good set of rings..???..and should I get plastic or aluminium.?