GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Identifying 2.0T FSI Turbo Oil Feed/Return Lines *Oil Leak*

iKhmaiFoSho

Hey, I'm new to the Turbo game and VW/Audi in general as I always owned and tinkled with Japanese vehicles. I have a real appreciation of German engineering and wanted give one a try. I recently picked up a 2006 A3 2.0T FSI Sportsback which also share the same motor as the GTI (BPY Engine Code). Well I notice a slight oil leak from underneath coming from the turbo and i just wanted to verify the oil lines so i can purchase the correct gasket and to understand more of the functionality of my car. I numbered the lines so it will be easy to identify, here is my guess.....

1. Turbo Oil Return Line
2. ???
3. Turbo Oil Feed Line

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
The oil return is the one coming out the bottom.

The oil feed is the one on top.

It's as simple as that, no stupid parts link needed.

The other 2 lines are coolant. It flows one way under normal operation and the opposite way when the car shuts off and the electric pump runs. I don't know which line is which.

sh00k0nes pt. 2

Ready to race!
I had the same problem once. Couple of things I did was tighten the oil feed line (#1). Also check your Diverter Valve because they are prone to leaking. When they leak I have seen many times where it would spray a fine mist of oil and leave residue just like what you are experiencing.

iKhmaiFoSho

Cool. Thanks for all the inputs, I'm starting to get more familiar with the vehicle and I believe I found the cause of the leak.
This is the crush washer on the oil inlet line for the turbo and as you can see it's the incorrect size that didn't crush evenly. I will confirm next week if the oil leak is still present.