GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fueling questions/S3 Injectors and upgraded HPFP

Royson345

Passed Driver's Ed
Good afternoon everyone!

I have a couple questions pertaining to fuel for my 08 FSI. First I am planning on going K04 very soon and have started to aquire the parts. I have the HPFP internals and injectors. My questionnis can I fit the injectors and fuel pump internals without any issues before fitting anything else for the K04? Reason being is I am cleaning my intakes valves this weekend and wanted to swap in the injectors while I had the access. Figured doing the HPFP couldnt hurt too since it's right there.

Also, a K04 with a flange will bolt right up to the GTI correct?

Thanks!!

Finder

Ready to race!
You can't install any of them without a proper tune and the S3 injectors can only go with the turbo. The K04 flange will bolt to the GTI cylinder head, yes.

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
Good afternoon everyone!

I have a couple questions pertaining to fuel for my 08 FSI. First I am planning on going K04 very soon and have started to aquire the parts. I have the HPFP internals and injectors. My questionnis can I fit the injectors and fuel pump internals without any issues before fitting anything else for the K04? Reason being is I am cleaning my intakes valves this weekend and wanted to swap in the injectors while I had the access. Figured doing the HPFP couldnt hurt too since it's right there.

Also, a K04 with a flange will bolt right up to the GTI correct?

Thanks!!

It will run, but will likely throw a CEL eventually. From what I can tell googling, the ECU can adjust fuel trims up to 25%, which should be within the margin between stock and S3 injectors.

I installed my K04 and S3 injectors in my garage and drove with a SII tune to my local tuner about 15 minutes away with no issues, not even a CEL.

Royson345

Passed Driver's Ed
It will run, but will likely throw a CEL eventually. From what I can tell googling, the ECU can adjust fuel trims up to 25%, which should be within the margin between stock and S3 injectors.

I installed my K04 and S3 injectors in my garage and drove with a SII tune to my local tuner about 15 minutes away with no issues, not even a CEL.

I figured more fuel would throw a code for sure, I was just curious how much harm it would do opersting that way for a day or 2. My tuner is about an hr away and the turbo and remaining bits should be here within a week or so.