GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Deception...

kal-el

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 MkV GTI
The not so funny part is that I do have an APR catback. Me thinks it's getting cut open when I take it off to sell the car.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion

EcotecRacer

Passed Driver's Ed
MKV still gets love from APR, atleast from Richard and Keith... Keith came all way to a local APR dealer to help resolve some issues with my stage 3 install and tuning

Richrd even came out to our local exotic show to see my ultra rare 95 S6 and offered build me a new exhaust system since the car has suffered some New York winters

My MKV has BillyBoat tbe setup, cause i called out APR on their marketing hype and Keith told me just by BB since its same thing and about 500 less at the time.

beauy46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 TR GTI
MKV still gets love from APR, atleast from Richard and Keith... Keith came all way to a local APR dealer to help resolve some issues with my stage 3 install and tuning

Richrd even came out to our local exotic show to see my ultra rare 95 S6 and offered build me a new exhaust system since the car has suffered some New York winters

My MKV has BillyBoat tbe setup, cause i called out APR on their marketing hype and Keith told me just by BB since its same thing and about 500 less at the time.

Keith is the MAN!!!!!!!!!

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
MkV were still new 5 years ago, and had Mk6 engines. I have no complaints with APR, actually positive experiences. But I will take a long, hard look at any hardware I buy in the future.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I don't think they will sell that many Mk7. The economy isn't what it used to be and they are made in Mexico now instead of Germany. I've already heard the build complaints and about exploding turbos.

phillip1978

Ready to race!
I suspect it is the same issue with the gti mkv rsc exhaust. I got the whole system turbo back ran well while stage 2+ for about 5 years now have a k04 kit and after a year of use have noticed metallic crackling at wot as if the exhaust is now constricting the gas flow. Wondering if the baffles and the bags of insulation are starting to degrade also have noticed black gas smears appearing at weld points on the front and rear boxes. Lucky i only paid $1000 for the whole set up so don't feel to bad but it still is not what they advertised. Though i have noticed no discolouration after 6 years of use.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

APR Deception

Found this out today as Im about to pull the trigger on a TBE. If I dont buy an APR downpipe, Ive got to pay 200 CAD plus labour plus taxes. Total bullshit. Not happy.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Found this out today as Im about to pull the trigger on a TBE. If I dont buy an APR downpipe, Ive got to pay 200 CAD plus labour plus taxes. Total bullshit. Not happy.

Reviving a 3 year old thread to complain about having to spend some money [emoji849]

APR stuff isn't cheap, just like Unitronic stuff or any other major tuner. You can always cheap out and buy some stuff off eBay or find a local exhaust shop willing to weld something together for you - good luck finding someone who can properly bend 3in" or larger piping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk