GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Go Fast Bits DV+ Diverter Valve

danman132x

Ready to race!
Hey guys, this is just my personal review of the new GFB diverter valve +
I ordered it from www.moddedeuros.com and received it really quick and had great customer service with them.

My car has a FSI motor with stock tune and K03, with the diverter valve in the stock location. 90,700 miles at install.

The part came in a nice box, and everything seems really well built. The housing looks CNC machined I would guess. Everything fits really tight together. Pictures near end of post.

The install went really smooth. The new black housing was the only "tricky" part, and even that was easy. It kind of snaps into place onto the stock DV. Remember to put some oil onto the brass piston before installing.

Driving the car with the new DV+ feels great. It seems to have quicker throttle response and it sounds a lot better. There is no longer that annoying whistle around 3-4K rpms as with the revision D, and the whole engine sounds better and deeper when at WOT. Just crusing around at part throttle etc, I hear no flutter what-so-ever from mine. Even listening under the car revving it. I don't have the flutter, but results may vary as I have read in different threads of people having flutter with the DV+ installed. Shifting gears now during everyday driving is much quieter now ( with my P-Flo installed ) as it's not opening the DV all the way to make the pshhhhhhhh sound between every shift. At WOT, it vents the air perfectly as it should.

I did before and after logs, and boost holds exactly the same as stock. I guess my stock Rev D didn't leak, and the N75 looks about the same. Logs below. It still feels better though, and I'm almost sure between shifts it's not wasting as much boost.

Overall I am happy with it so far, being installed about 200 miles now. I will have to come back in a few thousand and give a follow up review.

Here is a video I made for youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8kS7v3x_G8

Original runs before install was about 65 outside, and runs tonight with new DV+ was 54, so not too big a difference. Overall both runs are about the same with the stock K03 turbo and DV+ in the stock location. All charts done on same stretch of road.

Graphs overlayed, old Rev D vs DV+. Very similar, and could be small differences due to logging parameters such as update speed while logging etc. Only had a chance for one run tonight.

Original Run, rev D

Original Run #2 rev D

Original Run, rev D N75

Original Run #2 rev D N75

New run, DV+ installed

New run, DV+ installed N75. Again very similar to stock.

Dutchy

Go Kart Champion
Definitely gonna pick this up. How long did the install take you?

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
thanks for the review OP, I'll keep an eye on this one.

Maximum6

FASTER
your car vacuums at -30psi?

danman132x

Ready to race!
your car vacuums at -30psi?

No, it's just the crappy electric gauge. The sender sends out a signal about 3-4 psi too low, and I tried everything to fix it. AWE said it needs a new sender which they quoted me around 45 bucks which is too much. If you ask me I should get a free replacement on that. I had that issue before warranty even ran out and they said it was normal to be a little low as long it's in the zero box, but it got worse over the years. I have a second gauge itself which sits at the same spot, so it's not the gauge.