GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Put Golf R brakes up front today - review coming

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Maybe I should have let the fluids flow out more.
Ive never bled brake fluids before and was afraid to drain it out too much.
As long as theres fluid in the reservoir, I should be okay to drain out a little right?
Ive also got misfires and cel under hard throttle. Dang this sucks

You can add more fluid to master cylinder as needed for bleeding until all air is out.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well went away from Hawk for the track and am going all G-Loc. Pads in this week. Still waiting for my car!!!

greasem0nkey86

Car(s)
07 GTI
@GIACUser

I'm looking to upgrade the front brakes to my GTI and would like to pick your brain if that's ok?

Current use is mainly shared daily driver with the wife, with a handful of track days within the year at Laguna Seca, Thunderhill, maybe Sonoma or Buttonwillow.

I took the GTI out to Laguna Seca earlier this year and I might've boiled the fresh fluid (ATE). It requires more pedal travel to stop the same amount of distance.
I have no idea what pads are currently on there, assuming they're OE.

With that said, research shows that Carbotech XP10/8 is a good setup to run on the track, possibly swap out the XP10 with the AX6 for street duties?
My concern is the stock caliper/rotors experiencing brake fade or boiling the fluid (again) on track.
And considering I won't be tracking the car often, I would like to keep the budget low, otherwise I'd consider the R32 swap in a heartbeat.

Thoughts on how the stock caliper with fresh pads and rotors would perform on a trackday?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
@GIACUser

I'm looking to upgrade the front brakes to my GTI and would like to pick your brain if that's ok?

Current use is mainly shared daily driver with the wife, with a handful of track days within the year at Laguna Seca, Thunderhill, maybe Sonoma or Buttonwillow.

I took the GTI out to Laguna Seca earlier this year and I might've boiled the fresh fluid (ATE). It requires more pedal travel to stop the same amount of distance.
I have no idea what pads are currently on there, assuming they're OE.

With that said, research shows that Carbotech XP10/8 is a good setup to run on the track, possibly swap out the XP10 with the AX6 for street duties?
My concern is the stock caliper/rotors experiencing brake fade or boiling the fluid (again) on track.
And considering I won't be tracking the car often, I would like to keep the budget low, otherwise I'd consider the R32 swap in a heartbeat.

Thoughts on how the stock caliper with fresh pads and rotors would perform on a trackday?

I think you will find that with those pads, fresh rotors and maybe moving from ATE to Castrol SRF you will find a HUGE improvement at the track.