GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air blower stopped working

Dr Shuffles

Hi, proud new owner of a 2008 GTI here.

My cabin air blower suddenly stopped working. I opened the fuse box on the side of the dashboard, and fuse #40 was blown. I replaced it, and the new one immediately blew out, too. So obviously I have a short somewhere, but it would be nice if I knew where to start looking. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

A circuit diagram of the climate-control system would be very helpful if anybody has one handy.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Build date of your GTI info located on drivers door jamb. Do you have climatic or climatronic HVAC system?

Dr Shuffles

Thanks, that helped. I'm not there yet, but I've narrowed it down somewhat.

According to your diagram (and also the diagram I found in the Haynes manual) the 40-amp fuse that keeps blowing sits between the AC control module (the thing on the dashboard with the knobs) and the "vehicle electrical system control module" (I don't know where that is). Which still doesn't tell me what's going on, since both of these units are just black boxes, I have no idea what's inside them.

I guess the next step would be to pull out the blower motor and check it out. And the next step after that is to replace the AC control module...

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Ok, like you said I would pull blower motor plug and see what happens when installing new fuse.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
You could check the blower for function outside of the car, just need 12v+ and ground at blower terminals

jokerforeva

Hi guys i’m having a similar with my 2004 gt tdi climatronic it will it blow any kind of warm air just ice cold.
i’m pretty sure it’s the actuator motor for the heater flap but i’m uncertain on how to confirm it is as when I had the glove box out and found it I had to unplug the airbag wire and as far as I know to get the motor to move I need the key in but if I put the key in I read ile get a air bag light which I cannot get rid of without vcds or vwdealership.

How do people get round this ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk