GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stolen!

blaid

Going Straight Stage2+
Car(s)
06 GTI
Traded in my car to Chaplin's Subaru on Monday. It was stolen off the lot yesterday. If you happen to see this car around, call the police.

I hate to think of my baby that treated me so well being chopped up for parts :-(

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
If they find it, it will probably have its hood painted fully UG :lol:

Jks.. Hope it's recovered though

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
If they find it, it will probably have its hood painted fully UG :lol:

Jks.. Hope it's recovered though

:bellyroll::bellyroll::bellyroll::bellyroll::bellyroll::bellyroll::bellyroll:

Hope it's found.... =/ How'd you know it was stolen?

blaid

Going Straight Stage2+
Car(s)
06 GTI
Yeah I know the paint job is abortion worthy. Thats what I get for letting my brother in law do the job in his "shop" Be glad you dont see the lowers that he painted UG to match. Spoiler - They dont match.

I know it was stolen cause the guy we worked with had me put the key in the ignition, then, sadly, he forgot about the trade in, and went home for the night. When they checked, the key was gone, but the car was there. Today; no car.

Yay.

The thought of someone choppin up my baby that treated me so well for 5+ years....man...that hurts.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
If they knew the key had been stolen but still didn't block the car in....?.. Well that's just retarded. It's sucks to hear but it all sounds a bit funny ,like said above,What about cameras?

kdisjubjub

shhh I'm hunting wabbits
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
If they knew the key had been stolen but still didn't block the car in....?.. Well that's just retarded. It's sucks to hear but it all sounds a bit funny ,like said above,What about cameras?

That's a good point. Sounds more and more to be an inside job.

if you traded it in, isn't it more their problem now?

And if the dealer started talking about any responsibility _I_ might have regarding the car that _I_ entrusted to them which _THEY_ say is missing, I would ask them whether i should have a word with the state AG about that.

If it still "belongs" to you, I think you'd have a case for them having to lump the cost anyway. You entrusted it to them in good faith, and they failed to take even basic measures to prevent it from being stolen. Their insurance should cover that - not yours.

blaid

Going Straight Stage2+
Car(s)
06 GTI
Yeah its all on them at this point, no idea what is up with it anymore. Been checking craigslist and stuff, but nothing yet. Its totally their issue, but I just dont like the idea of my baby who treated me so well for the last 5 years being chopped up somewhere :-(

I had done a decent amount of stuff to it, including a rear seat delete. It just rolled over 90k. I got married last summer, and we decided it was time for the 2 seater to go. We ended up with a fantastic deal on a CPO Subaru Outback Limited. All the creature comforts I could ask for, but no where near as much fun. :-( Wife said I could get an S4 in a year however, so I'm going to start saving for that.