GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ayrton Senna

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
Hi all.

i saw the new Ayrton Senna doco today as part of the sydney film festival.

i can highly recommend that any fans of the man or F1 of the time should see this movie.

at times funny, and at others very sad.

has anyone else seen it yet ?

Jason.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Yup - watched it twice already. There is another doco (made by a Brazilian) which is better. You can watch it on youtube.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

M4RK0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI - MK6
Yeah, even the wife watched it to the end.

I think the link to the Brazilian one is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR6ODE15gRo&playnext=1&list=PL177F5B1C9862D296

There are many parts to it.

UPDATE - Sorry this should be the one - the one above looks like a british one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hGnaUcefuc&feature=related

Shannon's last Update is the same that I have, in that page are all the parts, or most of them, :iono:

I don't know why if someone posts a video in parts, why don't keep it simple?,

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Episode 3 of the BBC doco is very interesting. They analyse Senna's driving technique. The interesting bit is about his throttle control on turns - he stabs continually at the throttle which is a karting technique(generally karts don't have gear boxes -so to keep the revs up, they have to blip the throttle). In other videos of his driving you can hear him blipping the throttle through the turns. This is how he keeps the revs up thru the turns (thus keeping the engine in the power band) and is able to accelerate faster out of the turn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nevVbdvs2Dg&feature=BFa&list=PL177F5B1C9862D296&index=31

M4RK0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI - MK6
Senna, used the Hell-Toe technique always to keep the revs up on the corners, and the stabs to the throttle...

This video shows more "informal" driving out of the F1, pretty much what the Kart and Rally drivers do,

Senna's Heel-Toe :thumbup:

He was just awesome!

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
Bumping this because I just saw the movie at the theater :thumbup:

I was there with a few friends sobbing like little girl, but it made me remember the old days, when I used to watch every single minute of F1 coverage I could; back then I was a big fan of Prost and despised Senna like any child shouldn't ever hate anyone or anything :frown:.

I remember almost kicking the TV when he won the Interlagos GP in the rain and only using 6th gear because he humiliated everyone at the track and it was my birthday, felt like a punch to the face, but then when he died in '94 I was crying because he was gone, and me at 12 years age couldn't understand why would I feel sad for the death of someone I hated so much.

This movie touched so many sensitive spots in my mind that wasn't even funny... but I still recommend it to everyone no matter that they are not car-inclined, is such a great documentary about a great man.