GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lotus Elise with the 2.0T

TheGuinnessTooth

Ready to race!
I was reading the spec's on the Elise the other day, and I knew it was powered by a Toyota 4, but I didn't realize how weak it was compared to the GTI powerplant. How nice would that car be with the superb torque curve of the 2.0?

What other engines would you like to see offered in the Elise?

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
I would be perfectly happy with the engine it already has. You don't need anymore power in a car that light. Not to mention the chassis would have to be completely rebalanced with a different motor in there. Putting a different engine in an Elise would ruin it.

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I thought it was 240 bhp for the turbo model? That's more than the 200 hp GTI.
Plus it has the reliability of a Toyota engine. .

TheGuinnessTooth

Ready to race!
I thought it was 240 bhp for the turbo model? That's more than the 200 hp GTI.
Plus it has the reliability of a Toyota engine. .

i was reading motor trends (i think it was MT) website, and they said it was 190hp, with about an equal amount of torque. i guess that could just be one option, i'm not sure of the engine options the elise has. i was just thinking if 190hp was all that was offered, the 200+hp pulled from the 2.0T would be nice.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Elise...Exige, it's all the same thing. If you don't like the power of the Elise (which has plenty by the way) then get the stripped down/race tuned Exige (which has more hp than the GTI). They look almost identical.