GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Finishing up some more things on the checklist. Driver seat centered, fire suppression fixed and remounted, lap timer remounted and pulled some more carpet/interior crap out.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Just keep knocking stuff off the checklist, will finish up with the last few thing tomorrow night then off to Autobahn country club for a test and tune day Saturday.

Got some silly issues figured out with the ECU.

Got her cleaned up... ish.

Got new Maxxis RC1's mounted and been putting the new tow rig to good use.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Also in for details on the accusump.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Have you run those tires before with your current setup?

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I know you say you don't have oil pressure issues, but do you data log it? Do you have a gauge? Definitely keep an eye on it with tires like that.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Well that was one hell of ride getting this all done in time. Ran into a few road blocks including a destroyed cam follower, chewed up cam chain/fuel pump housing, bad HPFP and a blown rear strut lol. Got everything all repaired and good to go, still waiting on Eubach to finish up and ship my strut.

As for the power stuff, very pleased with how it all turned out. Going to pick it up from the tuner tomorrow after work. Ended up having the ECU and DSG tuned. Glad I had them do it at the same time so the trans is now setup for the power increase and overall trackability. Hardware changes were.

HPA K04
HPA intake manifold
RS4 FPRV
S3 injectors
IE HPFP (swapped out the APR)
DPI water meth injection
PTP turbo blanket

Dynoed around 330whp/330wtq and a crazy smooth linear power band.

And now a photo dump lol.

Last edited:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
You didnt say you blew your motor up jeez. Glad it all worked out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I didn't, motor is fine. APR HPFP spring got weak and I think floated at high RPM. Cam follower cracked I'm the barrel, weirdest failure I've ever seen and only had 800 miles on it.