GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Mechatronic Replacement

Booba

Ready to race!
Those mods except ecu really couldn't cause mecha to break. the chip well any increase in hp/torque is extra strain. Do you think they could have detected the flash? what chip do you have?

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Sounds like you will be coughing up for a new one maybe...

Or try another dealer, but i would try to take off the flash beforehand *IF* that is even possible with your flash. Then again, your VIN may already be registered on some database...

[strokes Bluefin unit - "ahhh, my precioussssssss"]

Exhaust could potentially cause increased power though it's normally combined with flash.

funny

Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07

RobGtSport

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW R32
Maybe it's not DSG and something else in the drivetrain?
Doesn't sound like typical DSG signs to me except for the pause from takeoff.
Maybe get the DSG to relearn first via VCDS? If it doesn't last more than 2 weeks then you might be joinging the club...

went to the dealer today
turns out the loud thud when reversing fast followed by another thud when accelerating forward was caused by loose engine mounts.
they retaught the DSG so we will see how it goes..seems all good now

HIGHLY recommend Gosford VW Service.
great people!! they did a fantastic job!!!!!

funny

Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Did they have to just retighten the mounts or replace them?

mleung

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
I've got that thud now as well. Might pop in the dealer to get engine mounts checked ot as well. Seems like a common problem.

... turns out the loud thud when reversing fast followed by another thud when accelerating forward was caused by loose engine mounts...

Via process of elimination, I'm now wondering if mine might be the same. Eyeing BFI's so-called "Stage 1" engine mount insert as a solution...

Steve_GTI

Ready to race!
After trying to get mine fixed with the dealers and being told it was 'within factor specs' I now drive a XR6 turbo, the ZF gearbox is really good but I do miss the handling of the GTI.
The DSG is not the greatest box around, I would not want to have one over 100K without some form of warranty.
I was not impressed with dealer support in Perth.

RobGtSport

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW R32
my mums Gt Sport TDI is getting its mechatronic replaced next tuesday.
Finally the dearer was able to experience the problems we had and is replacing it under warranty :D :D