GOLFMKV

Recommendations Thread

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik

vwgtimkv

Out of love for the car

vwgtimkv

Out of love for the car
I just rang my local Goodyear Autocare and apparently the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics aren't available yet in 225 45 17. :(

Cheers

Chico

Ready to race!
Highly Reccommend...

Exhaust Work

http://www.mrmuffler.net/

Contact Brad Morris 07 - 3376 3444

Full TBE for GTI $2000 fitted

Wheel Repairs

Albion Wheel Repairs 07 -3852 5377

1 Wheel Strip, repair gutter scratch, repaint, clear coat, $165 incl fitted
Looks New when done

ECU Remap

Harding Performance

Guy Harding 1300 730 949

Testpipe Remap $not quite the advertised price!

Forge & Neuspeed Gear

Julio Espinosa at Deep South Tuning

http://www.deepsouthtuning.com/index.php

Check the web site for cheap prices (1 week shipping to Australia) - really quick service, good prices, friendly

Servicing

Mike Weber at Coorparoo Ph 07 - 3324 0611

http://www.prestigeandperformance.com.au/default.htm

YouSnooze

You won't feel a thing ;)
Car(s)
2006 Mk V GTi
DSG service/oil change in Sydney

Following a recommendation from OZVWCONVERT I had my DSG serviced - i.e. oil and filter change + reset etc. by www.tcca.net.au in Artarmon. I did it at 40 000Km as I like to service my car more regularly than the schedule. Beware that some dealers do not change the DSG oil filter (or even know it exists :eyebulge:).

Total cost $385.00 :biggrin: :biggrin: :w00t: :thumbup:

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
Following a recommendation from OZVWCONVERT I had my DSG serviced - i.e. oil and filter change + reset etc. by www.tcca.net.au in Artarmon. I did it at 40 000Km as I like to service my car more regularly than the schedule. Beware that some dealers do not change the DSG oil filter (or even know it exists :eyebulge:).

Total cost $385.00 :biggrin: :biggrin: :w00t: :thumbup:

TCCA FTW! :thumbup: :thumbup:

They service my car, 50 meters down the road from CCC VW Service Center Artarmon, so those who take their car to VW Artarmon, I highly recommend to take it to TCCA, you can view the entire service should you wish & have them explain what exactly they're doing while performing the service. Ask as many question as you like. :thumbsup:

BTW CCC Service are apparently over charging their customers & not delivering the full service, from my own experience :thumbdown:

Last edited:

OZVWConvert

Ready to race!
TCCA FTW! :thumbup: :thumbup:

They service my car, 50 meters down the road from CCC VW Service Center Artarmon, so those who take their car to VW Artarmon, I highly recommend to take it to TCCA, you can view the entire service should you wish & have them explain what exactly they're doing while performing the service. Ask as many question as you like. :thumbsup:

BTW CCC Service are apparently over charging their customers & not delivering the full service, from my own experience :thumbdown:

I'll second that. Have been going to TCCA for a little while now and am very happy with the friendly service I get. :thumbsup:

Jig

Flow Motion
Anyone know a reputable, reliable company that installs in-car sound systems, stereos, speakers et al in NSW?

Jig

Flow Motion
FHRX studios in Caringbah. These guys treat your car like it's their own. They only do premium quality gear with no bullshit.

Thanks YouSnooze...

RobGtSport

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW R32
VW in Wollongong ( Southern Classic Cars) are so bad never take your car there to get serviced.
Bad customer service.
The dealer isn't even open on Saturdays. I wanted to buy my Touareg and Golf there but I couldn't so I drove up to Liverpool for the Golf and Chatswood for the Touareg

Me!

a happy man...
Car(s)
VW Golf GTi
VW in Wollongong ( Southern Classic Cars) are so bad never take your car there to get serviced.
Bad customer service.
The dealer isn't even open on Saturdays. I wanted to buy my Touareg and Golf there but I couldn't so I drove up to Liverpool for the Golf and Chatswood for the Touareg

you serious?!?! damn! I got a hint of their arrogance when I went to them to buy an oil filter from them.. To me, the girls at the desk were pretty friendly but the bloke from the service department didn't seem to give a shit.

Wonder where's the next nearest place to get my car serviced then?

Also, not sure whether this is a common practice but SCC Wollongong tend to ask for my VIN Number everytime I ask for prices for parts... Wouldn't ALL Oil Filters or side skirts for the Golf GTI 08 be the same anyway? Why do they need a VIN Number then?