GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

winter tires

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
i currently own a gti with the 18's and summer tires and next year i will be bringing the car up to maine with me for school. i was wondering if i could get some suggestions for some winter tires at reasonable price. thanks

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
There are also some reasonably priced all season tires that would fit the 18 inch wheels. Obviously some of the handling would be compromised by the swap but I think in Maine (I'm in Pa which can be just as snowy during a rough winter) requires the compromise.

Don't quote me on this because the line between dealer-babble and actual fact can be a fine one, but I believe that any switch from 18 to 17 and so on requires a new wheel alignment. For 500-600 bucks you could just get the all seasons mounted and be done with the problem. Plus you'd keep the good-looking wheels year round.

Good luck,

Lellobeetle

Go Kart Newbie
I bought some New Beetle wheels from a NB owner on Vortex for my snows on my old GTI. You could try looking around for something like that. Pic for grins . . .

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
the only problem with puttinng the tires on my current rims is that i would have to switch them out when i went back home to savannah, georgia during the summer months and that would cost lots eventually