GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anti sway bar

Astpier

If I only want to change my rear one do I want a 24mm or something bigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
If I only want to change my rear one do I want a 24mm or something bigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are only doing a rear, 24 would be the best bet on soft. I'd highly suggest doing both at the same time though. While the rear makes a big difference it will upset the balance at high speed. Quick lane changes, etc will make the car want to rotate the stiffer the rear is. It does liven up the car a lot just doing the rear, makes it fun but kinda sketchy if you dont know how to drive.

crazylegs

Passed Driver's Ed
I have put the 034 Rear Sway Bar on the car, its solid and 25.4, adjustable with the the soft setting at 215% increased stiffness and the hard setting at %290. I set it to hard, with 034 spherical end links and this thing keeps the car flat during turns and may be one of my favorite mods, definitely my top 2 favorite mod for under 300. Technically you will not notice anything because when you turn aggressively you shouldn't have to keep compensating for under-steer. I am not sure how other people have modified their cars, but I have Bilstein PSS coils on the car and they are 25mm lower than stock in the front and 20mm lower than stock in the rear. I do not notice any aggressive changes when speeding at highway speeds (or track speeds). Now another big one would be tires, I am running DWS Extreme contact and not summer tires, so I have not lost traction but summer tires might enhance that drastic feel you may get at faster speeds? If this is a daily driver, buy either new OEM rear end links or whiteline ball joint endlinks. Do not buy spherical end links unless you are tracking constantly.

Astpier

I have put the 034 Rear Sway Bar on the car, its solid and 25.4, adjustable with the the soft setting at 215% increased stiffness and the hard setting at %290. I set it to hard, with 034 spherical end links and this thing keeps the car flat during turns and may be one of my favorite mods, definitely my top 2 favorite mod for under 300. Technically you will not notice anything because when you turn aggressively you shouldn't have to keep compensating for under-steer. I am not sure how other people have modified their cars, but I have Bilstein PSS coils on the car and they are 25mm lower than stock in the front and 20mm lower than stock in the rear. I do not notice any aggressive changes when speeding at highway speeds (or track speeds). Now another big one would be tires, I am running DWS Extreme contact and not summer tires, so I have not lost traction but summer tires might enhance that drastic feel you may get at faster speeds? If this is a daily driver, buy either new OEM rear end links or whiteline ball joint endlinks. Do not buy spherical end links unless you are tracking constantly.

Alright thanks to you i’ll try that

crazylegs

Passed Driver's Ed
If the car is not lowered, and you also feel uncomfortable about possible drastic changes in steering, you can keep the OEM end links on and just use the softer setting. If you feel comfortable then you can adjust it to the stiffer setting.

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
Wow I once had the BSH solid rear solid bar, beat the hell out of corners and in/out of freeway. Then oneday when I was under my car, I realised it had eaten up the weak brackets (from BSH I believe).
Good to see what 034 are doing, offering their beefier brackets.

crazylegs

Passed Driver's Ed
That was pretty much the key seller for me sunnylee. Comes with billet aluminium brackets, so I did not have to worry about buying a bar, then some other bushings/brackets. Only mistake I made was buying the 034 spherical end links which I will be selling in the next few months for like 50 bucks or whatever anyone wants them for.