GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Complete part out K04 2009 GTI - Blown Engine

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
Update 11/12 car has been junked! Refer to my VWVortex thread for leftover parts:https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9236659-FS-Complete-part-out-K04-2009-GTI-Blown-Engine

Hey guys, I'm the only owner of this 2008.5 6MT GTI. I killed the engine over the weekend while driving spiritedly and accidentally money shifting from 4th to 3rd on the highway. So I think it's time to say goodbye and part out the car. After the car is towed away to the junk yard, I'll be the proud new owner of an MK7 GTI. It's been a great 10 years, but now my loss is your gain. Whatever you want, just ask and I'll see what I can do. Some of the parts are hard to ship, but I'm willing to ship anything you want, prices for shipping will be based off UPS or FedEx rates, whichever is cheaper. I live in Baltimore by BWI, so if you want to meet up, let me know. PM me for more info and I can send you as many pics of anything that you would like. I just got the car back to my house and will pull off the parts as I go, so bear with me. The modified parts that I can think of off of the top of my head are:

ENGINE
APR K04 Turbo - SOLD
Stock IHI Turbo - $100 (Price drop! was $150)
3Bar MAP Sensor for APR V3.1 Tune - SOLD
42DD Downpipe with extra bung for CBFA engines, less that 10K miles on it. - SOLD
APR Stealth Cat-back with connector piece for 42DD downpipe. Tow truck damaged one of the tips - $300 SOLD
CTS Turbo Blow-off Valve - SOLD
Snow Stage 2 W/M injection kit with solenoid and dual nozzle kit for a 2nd nozzle. Comes with Throttle Body spacer. Only a couple thousand miles on it. I think I also have 3 gallons of Boost Juice leftover as well - $300 (Price drop! was $450)
Carbonio Stage 1 intake, you should probably get a new filter from APR since this ones been on there for about 180K miles - $75 (Price drop! was $125)
Carbonio Stage 2 Intake - SOLD
Boost Tap - SOLD
DXD Stage 2 Daily Clutch, about 8K miles on it - $500 SOLD
APR Short Shifter Kit with both the relay and lever assembly - SOLD
AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe - $85 SOLD
Stock intake manifold 8K miles on it - $100
Red Coilpacks and NGK Iridium Spark plugs, about 3k miles on them. I pulled them out to see if I could find any damage in the top end of the engine, the valves and timing chain look like new. It seems like all of the damage is in the bottom end, hence new engine needed, but plugs and packs are just fine. - SOLD
Godspeed FMIC, comes with all silicone piping and clamps - SOLD

EXTERIOR
Votex rear lip painted BMP, still in pretty good condition. I paid $500 for this 5 years ago. - SOLD
Badgeless Grill - $30 SOLD
Projector fog lights with 3000K bulbs, covered in yellow Lamin-X - SOLD
NGP Type 1 Coilovers, about 40K on them. I may just leave them on for the tow out of here, who knows. - $300 SOLD
Smoked Tail Lights, I did this almost 8 years ago, so they may need touched up. - $75
Stock Huff wheels with Azenis PT722 All Season tires. Only 5K miles on the tires since I only use them for the winter. The wheels are worse for wear, curb rash and peeling clear coat on most of them. - SOLD
ECS Tuning automatic hatch pop kit - SOLD

INTERIOR
Euro Headlight switch - SOLD
Euro Cup Holder with VW bottle opener - SOLD
Dash Cubby - SOLD
VCDS Cable - SOLD
Red Stitched E-brake Handle -$10
Stealthbox custom fit trunk subwoofer with a 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch sub and Alpine amp. Since I didn't have a swapped head unit, it comes with everything you need to tap into the rear speakers, which is how I had it set up for the past 6 or 7 years. - $175 SOLD
Vent mounted new south boost gauge, I'll probably also throw in the steering wheel mounted pillar for it too since I think I still have it laying around somewhere. - SOLD

If you want or see anything else, let me know. I'll be getting the car into the garage and start pulling it apart tomorrow.

Other items that have sold:
Carbon Fiber Oil Cap
Ash Tray
Drivers side vanity light housing

Last edited:

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
Also found my old Forge spacer in the same box as my Rev. D diverter valve.

While I'm at it, here's a few pics of the stealthbox sub and amp. I doubt you can find a better price for the pair.

taaj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mkv
Hey guys, I'm the only owner of this 2008.5 6MT GTI. I killed the engine over the weekend while driving spiritedly and accidentally money shifting from 4th to 3rd on the highway. So I think it's time to say goodbye and part out the car. After the car is towed away to the junk yard, I'll be the proud new owner of an MK7 GTI. It's been a great 10 years, but now my loss is your gain. Whatever you want, just ask and I'll see what I can do. Some of the parts are hard to ship, but I'm willing to ship anything you want, prices for shipping will be based off UPS or FedEx rates, whichever is cheaper. I live in Baltimore by BWI, so if you want to meet up, let me know. PM me for more info and I can send you as many pics of anything that you would like. I just got the car back to my house and will pull off the parts as I go, so bear with me. The modified parts that I can think of off of the top of my head are:

ENGINE
APR K04 Turbo - $450
Stock IHI Turbo - $150
3Bar MAP Sensor for APR V3.1 Tune - $25
42DD Downpipe with extra bung for CBFA engines, less that 10K miles on it. - $400
APR Stealth Cat-back with connector piece for 42DD downpipe. Tow truck damaged one of the tips - $300
CTS Turbo Blow-off Valve - $125
Snow Stage 2 W/M injection kit with solenoid and dual nozzle kit for a 2nd nozzle. Comes with Throttle Body spacer. Only a couple thousand miles on it. I think I also have 3 gallons of Boost Juice leftover as well - $450
Carbonio Stage 1 intake, you should probably get a new filter from APR since this ones been on there for about 180K miles - $125
Carbonio Stage 2 Intake - $100
Boost Tap - $25
DXD Stage 2 Daily Clutch, about 8K miles on it - $500
APR Short Shifter Kit with both the relay and lever assembly - $150
AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe - $85
Stock intake manifold 8K miles on it - $100
Red Coilpacks and NGK Iridium Spark plugs, about 3k miles on them. I pulled them out to see if I could find any damage in the top end of the engine, the valves and timing chain look like new. It seems like all of the damage is in the bottom end, hence new engine needed, but plugs and packs are just fine. - $75
Godspeed FMIC, comes with all silicone piping and clamps - $125

EXTERIOR
Votex rear lip painted BMP, still in pretty good condition. I paid $500 for this 5 years ago. - $300
Badgeless Grill - $30
Projector fog lights with 3000K bulbs, covered in yellow Lamin-X - $75
NGP Type 1 Coilovers, about 40K on them. I may just leave them on for the tow out of here, who knows. - $300
Smoked Tail Lights, I did this almost 8 years ago, so they may need touched up. - $75
Stock Huff wheels with Azenis PT722 All Season tires. Only 5K miles on the tires since I only use them for the winter. The wheels are worse for wear, curb rash and peeling clear coat on most of them. - SOLD
ECS Tuning automatic hatch pop kit - $50

INTERIOR
Euro Headlight switch - $20
Euro Cup Holder with VW bottle opener - $25
Dash Cubby - $35
VCDS Cable - SOLD
Red Stitched E-brake Handle -$10
Stealthbox custom fit trunk subwoofer with a 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch sub and Alpine amp. Since I didn't have a swapped head unit, it comes with everything you need to tap into the rear speakers, which is how I had it set up for the past 6 or 7 years. - $175
Vent mounted new south boost gauge, I'll probably also throw in the steering wheel mounted pillar for it too since I think I still have it laying around somewhere. - $50

If you want or see anything else, let me know. I'll be getting the car into the garage and start pulling it apart tomorrow.

Interested in the following

Red Coilpacks and NGK Iridium Spark plugs
Fmic
Rev D DV

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Sorry about your loss.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
Interested in euro switch if OEM and not aftermarket supplier and the cup holder. Shipped to 90241

Cup holder is sold and I have a buyer for the headlight switch. I'll let you know if that falls through.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
K04 has been removed. It looks to be in really good condition. I'm no turbo expert, but the turbine spins freely and easily and I can't see any physical defects at all.

You are probably going to want to get a new gasket, I don't know if these are one time use or not.

IHI on the right, K04 on the left.

Still have my original box that it came in.

Removing the turbo was a pain in the ass. You have to remove the passenger side axle, which you need a 24mm triple square nut to get the hub off and a triple square bit to get the bolts off. You need to do this to get enough space to get the turbo out. The water lines never stopped dripping the entire time once you loosened them and got my floor and myself covered in coolant. The manifold nuts were all 12mm, which is a tiny wrench (a socket won't fit on the bottom) and require tiny hands to get to. It wasn't fun at all.

taaj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mkv
K04 has been removed. It looks to be in really good condition. I'm no turbo expert, but the turbine spins freely and easily and I can't see any physical defects at all.

You are probably going to want to get a new gasket, I don't know if these are one time use or not.

IHI on the right, K04 on the left.

Still have my original box that it came in.

Removing the turbo was a pain in the ass. You have to remove the passenger side axle, which you need a 24mm triple square nut to get the hub off and a triple square bit to get the bolts off. You need to do this to get enough space to get the turbo out. The water lines never stopped dripping the entire time once you loosened them and got my floor and myself covered in coolant. The manifold nuts were all 12mm, which is a tiny wrench (a socket won't fit on the bottom) and require tiny hands to get to. It wasn't fun at all.
Still got the k04?

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk