GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My brake lights are stuck on all the time!! Why?!?!

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
He never followed up after that, so don't know. I would recommend, however, checking Fuse #4 and Fuse #2 in that fuse box diagram I posted, above. When he writes "PIN #4," I'm assuming he's referring to the #4 fuse position. GTI's, above, seems to think it's fuse #2, so just check both - first. Again, since this is clearly not the fuse for the tail light BULBS... and it's the fuse for the brake light SWITCH -- I'm guessing that it would be easy to confuse the correct fuse position.

PINs refer to connectors in wiring, notice the yellow circle that is a T4bc/4. That means that is a 4 pin connector and it is bc or the 29th 4pin connector in that type of car and that is PIN number 4. T4bc/2 PIN 2 for ground T4bc/3 PIN 3 to J519 and T4bc/1 PIN 1 to ECU. The red circle goes to Fuse SC2-> fuse number 2 side of dash. If that solves OP issues they need to get their money back from dealer.

Last edited:

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
It's most likely a NAR vs ROW thing or the fact that it's a 2005. I replaced the master cylinder and there was no bypass. Maybe if you change it to ROW in engine and/or instruments with VCDS it would change this behavior?

I am thinking that a bypass would not be a good idea if your car is equipped with cruise control as clutching in disables it (not sure how à bypass works though)?

The bypass I am referring to is the clutch pedal switch F36 or G476 Clutch position sensor G476, I am sure that you have one. Number 12 in pic.

This is the bypass that can be installed so you can start a manual car without pushing in the brake pedal, perhaps the previous owners installed one. What does your owners manual say about starting a manual car??

Push Clutch To Start Bypass Harness (VW Audi Seat Skoda VAG Clutch)
"Cruise control functions, and over-rev protection are still kept fully functional"
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Push-Clutc...ispr=1&hash=item23bf635c41:g:ausAAOSwLEtYjFyq

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
Thought I'd bump this one more time for everyone's edification. It would be great to know if the OP ever resolved this issue - and even if he did not, what was tried and did not work.